DanniS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Friday Favorites: a travel guide to Cadiz, stone jumping, and more

Every Friday, Googlers round up some of the best posts they came across during the week to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. This week, a travel guide to Cadiz, stone jumping, and more.

Caption: A photo of tons of colorful and intricately designed dishes laid out for sale on the sidewalk in Cadiz, Spain, as people look and reach down to touch them. (Local Guide @Madina_Travelmania)Caption: A photo of tons of colorful and intricately designed dishes laid out for sale on the sidewalk in Cadiz, Spain, as people look and reach down to touch them. (Local Guide @Madina_Travelmania)

@DanniS: This week, I really enjoyed reading an in-depth story about Cadiz, Spain written by @Madina_Travelmania. She captured wonderful photos that gives you a better understanding of the history and culture of this cityone of the oldest in Europe! If you’re interested in learning more about this incredible place, check out the original post, "Traveling to the edge of light in 2019: Welcolme to Cadiz."

Caption: A photo of a young man participating in the tradition of stone jumping in Bawomataluo Village, Indonesia  (Local Guide FahmiAdimara)Caption: A photo of a young man participating in the tradition of stone jumping in Bawomataluo Village, Indonesia (Local Guide FahmiAdimara)

@Petra_M: @FahmiAdimara's post about Indonesia impressed me this week. Bawomataluo is a village that’s famous for the "stone jumping" tradition. “The Stone Jump tradition is usually carried out by young people by jumping over a pile of stones 2 meters high and 40 cm thick,” @FahmiAdimara wrote. “If a young man is able to do it perfectly, it will be a pride for him and his family.” To learn more about this tradition and the place it came from, check out the post, “Indonesia Travel Bucket List Sumatera : Bawomataluo Traditional Village World Cultural Heritage Site.”  

@sonnyNg@TravellerG's recent post “Photo Tips- Full Frame / Cropped Camera - TravellerG” is a great one for those who are interested in more technical information about photography. In it, @TravellerG explains the difference between crop frame and full frame camera sensors.  This post is just one in a series of educational photography posts written by Local Guide @TravellerG that can help you learn more about photography.

Caption: A 360° photo taken at a popular spot in Tegali, the capital city of Rwanda, on a cloudy day. (Local Guide @karatrick)Caption: A 360° photo taken at a popular spot in Tegali, the capital city of Rwanda, on a cloudy day. (Local Guide @karatrick)

@MoniDi: I have never been to Africa but after reading @Karatrick's post 3 things to do in Rwanda,” I now want to visit this extraordinary place. What I liked the most about this post was that I learned I can find gorillas in their natural habitat if I happen to visit Rwanda. If you want to see what other things you could do there, make sure to check out this post.

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

35 comments
Level 10

Re: Friday Favorites: a travel guide to Cadiz, stone jumping, and more

Interesting post - the "Friday-Round up", dear @DanniS. Heart-felt thanks, dear @sonnyNg, for referring my post here.

Dear @Petra_M, I do agree that LG @FahmiAdimara's post really interesting & enjoyed reading it.

Congratulations to all other colleague LGs, whose posts are referred here; my greetings to other LGs & hope to see many of their contributions here, in the coming weeks.

With best regards

Level 10

Thank you for summarizing the article @DanniS

I read the article of @TravellerG and thought. Shooting with only smartphones is currently recommended, but the high quality and full frame cameras are cheaper than a smartphones😅

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage
#Enrich Google Maps with Cycling information #Bike
#lit.link/yasumikikuchi #Guiding Star 2022 Inclusive Mapper

Former Google Contributor

Thank you for the warm words @TravellerG.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 8

Hello @DanniS

Thanks for Shearing 🙂 All the posts selected this week are interesting, and I also Submit my Post Dolls Museum

Level 10

Namskar..

@DanniS

Thanks for Sharing this beautiful Post..

All pics are Colourful and nice..

Regards,

Mumbai..

श्रृt 

@TeamMumbaiMaharastra..
#IndiaLocalGuides

Instagram

Indian

Level 10

You are so correct dear @YasumiKikuchi, YES, in B&H (US), you get a well known brand FULL FRAME CAMERA with Kit Lens, even at less than $ 400.00...!!!???.

You rocked with that comment..., thanks with prayers.

Hi dear Friends, this Tech points apart, I appreciate @YasumiKikuchi's posts like "Shinto"  (Here) & "Worship the first Sun rise" (Here), etc. - I humbly recommend all LGs to read - these posts are really valuable & interesting.

Thanks, all

Level 10

Dear friend, @Petra_M, I just spoke, from my heart,

with prayers for success to all...

Level 10

I do agree with you dear LG @rajuroyal, it is interesting and informative, as well.

All the best, dear...

Level 10

Thank you for mutual introduction @TravellerG🙏

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage
#Enrich Google Maps with Cycling information #Bike
#lit.link/yasumikikuchi #Guiding Star 2022 Inclusive Mapper