AriMar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Editor

Friday Favorites: a summer soup, a sweet deep fried snack, and more

Every Friday, Googlers round up some of their favorite posts that they came across during the week to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. This week, they focused on food posts they enjoyed. 

@KlaudiyaG: Food for me is so much more than just something that fuels my body. It brings my family and friends together and it’s pretty much the main reason why I wake up in the morning. 🙂 As you may have already noticed from the title, this week’s Friday Favorite theme is of course about food. There were so many wonderful posts on Connect regarding this topic, which doesn’t really surprise me since the majority of Local Guides share in my love for food, but it made the task pretty challenging for everyone. The good news is that in my case my post found me. You see, I was already familiar with @MahabubMunna’s Bangladeshi Food seriesBangladeshi Food Part - (1 Bakorkhani /suka roti / বাকরখানি and Bangladeshi Food Part - 2 Naksi Pitha / নকশী পিঠা).

When I saw his latest post in the series, I immediately knew it would be what I’d share with you all. It’s called, “Bangladeshi Food Part - 3 Telerpitha /Poa pitha / তেলের পিঠা / পোয়া পিঠা.” In this post, Mahabub introduces us to the Teler pitha. He explains what it represents and how we can all prepare it in our own homes. I enjoyed learning more about this snack especially because it combines my love for sweet and deep fried food.

Caption: A photo of three teler pithas, a sweet, fried Bengali snack, on a silver dish on top of a pink and white table cloth. (Local Guide @MahabubMunna)Caption: A photo of three teler pithas, a sweet, fried Bengali snack, on a silver dish on top of a pink and white table cloth. (Local Guide @MahabubMunna)@DeniGu: Have you ever wondered what is the national dish of Jamaica or Sri Lanka? Do you know what feijoada or nasi goreng is? If you want to find out, look no further than @RohithaF’s post, "What is your national dish?" This discussion is a melting pot (pun intended!) for deliciousness from all over the world. What I like most about this post is that it has started a chain of enthusiastic entries by many Local Guides. So get ready for a truly immersive tour around the foodie globe!

@FelipePK: One food post that caught my eye this week was by Local Guide @FXBudiW called “Wedang uwuh, a traditional drink from Jogjakarta.” Wedang uwuh looks amazing and seems very exotic even though in my country we use a lot of herbs for making tea, too. The color was the thing which got most of my attentionit's bright red! I definitely would love to try it. If you are also curious about Wedang uwuh, be sure to check out this post.

Screenshot 2018-08-31 at 1.46.05 PM.png

@Ivi_Ge: “Top 3 Reasons to Take Advantage of Miami Spice” caught my attention this week. In his post, @SP31 shares with us one of his favorite restaurants in Miami, Florida, USA and explains the top three reasons why it is so worth it. When I read it, I really want to go to Miami as soon as possible. This would be a nice chance to try different cuisine at a fancier restaurant at a better price. He also included beautiful photos and nice tips. This post is a must read.

@MashaPS: It's a summer day and it's hot. You are hungry, but you feel like it’s too hot to cook. @INGA1 has got the perfect solution which she shares in her post "Okroska-summer soup for hot days." This dish is perfect for hot days. Believe me, I’ve tried it. How many types of cold soups do you know? I personally know just a fewthe Bulagrian tarator and Spanish gazpacho. @INGA1 shared a great recipe to help anyone interested in preparing okroshka. So, next time you're looking to try something new, cook yourself this delicious soup.

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.

12 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Friday Favorites: a summer soup, a sweet deep fried snack, and more

Thank you for this Friday Favourite, all about great post of Food, @AriMar

I remember very well some of them, like the one written by @MahabubMunna, a great friend from Bangladesh and the beautiful Miami Spice of @SP31.

We know very well the culinary capacity of @RohithaF, he is sharing it everywhere.

Let me discover the post from @BudiFXW and @helga19, second consecutive week on Friday Favourite. Well done, Inga

Level 10

Thanks a lot @AriMar @KlaudiyaG for love my post and share . i can't explain to my happiness in any word 🙂 love you all guys . 

@ErmesT love you my friend 🙂 

Mahabub Hasan
Level 8

Woah! It feels really great to see my county's food being featured here. 

Level 7

@AriMar Thanks for sharing I really love this foods 

Connect Moderator

@AriMar quite the Friday Favorite to get taste buds across the world going! Between the teler pithas (@MahabubMunna), the okroshka (@helga19), and everything in between - I feel like I've got to make my Friday night a delicious one!

And many many thanks to your team and @Ivi_Ge for featuring my post on Miami Spice! 😄 I appreciate your feedback as I was excited and glad to share this with the community. Hope you're able to make it to Miami soon! 🙂 

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Level 9

Hi Local Guides,
@AriMar, this has been a very culinary Friday´s Favorites :))) 

I have enjoyed reading and learning from your posts @MahabubMunna@SP31@@Rohitha and @helga19, Congratulations 👏 👏 👏 

Good Morning from the South of Spain,

Alejandra.

Level 9

Thank you so much @AriMar for mention me.

I will try tell more about Russian cuisine.

Level 9

Thanks @ErmesT

I am very glad that you like my post!

Level 9

Thanks @SP31

I glad that you like my post.