Atsukot's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Friday Favorites: a special worldwide meet-up, saxophone statues, and more

Every Friday, some of our Google Moderators roundup some of their favorite posts of the week to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. This week’s Friday Favorites includes a special Connect challenge, saxophone statues, and more.

@Atsukot: From June 8 to June 10, a "Worldewide Cafe Walk" was held in 11 countries around the world. Local Guides participated in the meet-up to connect with each other and enjoy a meal together. Local Guide @HiroyukiTakisawa shared a recap of the exciting event in the post, “[Recap] World Wide Cafe Walk 2018.” Socializing in a relaxing atmosphere was the key of this meet-up. Local Guides met at a local cafe and enjoyed coffee and tea together. In the post, @HiroyukiTakisawa shared tons of photos that make us wish we were there too. In particular, you should check out the delicious photos of meals from all over the world. They may just get you drooling!

Caption: A collage of photos of Local Guides participating in the World Wide Cafe Walk 2018. (Local Guide @HiroyukiTakisawa)Caption: A collage of photos of Local Guides participating in the World Wide Cafe Walk 2018. (Local Guide @HiroyukiTakisawa)

@NadyaPN: There are some moments in human history that we should never forget. In his post, “One place of Holocaust - Dachau,@TorM shared one of these moments. It showcases the Dachau Concentration Camp which was active during the horrific years of the Holocaust. The place is now used as a memorial for those who lost their lives there.

I am deeply moved by how humble @TorM's message is as this is an extremely sensitive part of his country's and the world’s history. His post was very informative and I think many people can learn a lot about history from reading it. Although this post isn’t as uplifting as many of the other posts on Connect, I hope that more people will see this post and remember what happened some 80 years ago.

@MarinSt: Belgium beer and jazz two of my favourite things that I’ve never thought of combining. But, after seeing the post @TSS wrote called “DINANT: Saxophone and Leffe beer city,” it surely does sound like a perfect match. In the post, @TSS shows the beauty and popularity of the Belgium city, Dinant. It is famous because of Adolphe Sax, the inventor of the saxophone. Along with the typical architecture of the area and saxophones statues, vistors in Dinant can also enjoy a tour of the Maison Leffe, a museum dedicated to the worldwide famous Belgian beer brand. They even offer tastings so you can try some great cold beer!

Caption: A photo of a saxophone exhibition at Maison Adolphe Sax in Dinant, Belgium. (Local Guide @TSS)Caption: A photo of a saxophone exhibition at Maison Adolphe Sax in Dinant, Belgium. (Local Guide @TSS)

@BruceDM: Many of our Local Guides here on Connect are familiar with our 5 Core Values post in which we explain what Connect is all about. Local Guide @Vasudeo recently wrote a post in which he challenges other Local Guides on Connect to find replies, posts, suggestions and stories that represent the 5 core values.

Interestingly enough, the challenge is to find such posts representing these values by searching only through the “Thank you for submitting your Connect Live application post.” We’ve seen a wide range of emotions in the application post so it is definitely refreshing to challenge others to dig out the best of the best from this very diverse thread.

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.

19 comments
Level 9

Re: Friday Favorites: a special worldwide meet-up, saxophone statues, and more

Wao @Atsukot,

Nice post. Thank you for collecting top post in a single thread.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

Though its not a latest post but local guide clean the world is the post (to run project) by @ErmesT which I noticed a valuable post among many valuable posts. Thanks for making such wonderful summary @Atsukot. 😃

Level 8

Wow so nice..thank you so much. I appreciate your work

I agree with you @BishowvijayaP, it is the great post that give us valuable ideas. Please feel free to share your favorite post here 🙂

Level 10

A little query @Atsukot, can I share my post which I feel favourite among my different posts? it may seem selfishness in one angle. 😀 Pardon me! 

Of course it's ok! @BishowvijayaP Please go ahead and let us know your favorite post of your posts 🙂

Connect Moderator

Thank you @Atsukot for taking care of posting this great list of posts

The local guides that had the opportunity of meeting @HiroyukiTakisawa know that he is a real coffee addicted. So great that he was making a worldwide event about coffee.

I deeply appreciate the important post written by @TorM, a great German local guide that comes in my city a month ago, for a late lunch together. In September, during the European meet-up, we will visit together also Auschwitz.

I didn't had the opportunity of meeting @TSS, I hope I will have it, but we worked together for exploring the techniques if embedding photos in a post, like the ones that you see in his post. I am a lover of Jazz, music, and saxophone is probably the heart of jazz, so thank you.

Being a strong supporter of the five core values, how not to be intrigued by @Vasudeo's post. An interesting challenge, a beautiful way for reading and interpreting our way of writing. Well written, and super supportive. Thank you.

Thank you @BishowvijayaP , I believe that my project has been supported, by Local Guides team and by the community, in several ways, so now is time to give space to the local guides that, with their posts, are making this community a so beautiful place

Level 4

I said hi and God love you to

Level 10

Thank you so much @Atsukot. Ususally I get good response from local guides in my posts. It may be due to some experiences. Once I made a post about a place and there @ErmesT asked me how can one reach in that place. Then I realized how local guides are giving our post a valuable attention. He has responded just above this comment also and thanks to him for that. I am sharing this chapakharka hike experience from the past which helps to reflect that how local guides like us can enjoy  in different gatherings and programs beside their meetups too. In each events and occasions we are two in one person i.e. the local guide in one hand and the regular one in another hand. 🙂