ArielleM_'s post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Friday Favorites: a snowy weekend getaway, a visit to Croatia, and more

Every Friday, Googlers round up some of their favorite posts that they came across during the week to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. This week includes one mom’s experience during the first day of school, a visit to Croatia, and more.

@FelipePK: This post made by our friend @Julien44 is amazing! I had plans to visit Croatia soon and now I really want to go visit those fabulous places. The post is also very informative with great photos and very well described. Croatia seems to be really fantastic and has several things that I love like beaches, waterfalls and places for hiking. Now, thanks to Julien, I can’t wait to visit!

Caption: A photo of a group of people arriving at a glacier in Ushuaia, Argentina. (Local Guide @FaridMonti)Caption: A photo of a group of people arriving at a glacier in Ushuaia, Argentina. (Local Guide @FaridMonti)@DeniGu: As a vivid contrast to Croatia’s sunny streets, our Connect Moderator @FaridMonti shared his snowy fairytale from the Argentinean mountains in the “Weekend in Ushuaia” post. Even though this story will make you reach for your jacket in the middle of summer, it’ll also warm your soul with photos of hot coffee and delicious breakfast in a cosy tea house the perfect weekend getaway!

@ArielleM: First Day at School - Mom as A Local Guide Seriesby @Ddimitra is inspiring and shows the dedication and perseverance of an active Local Guide who is also a mother. She outlines the process of getting to know the fellow parents during orientation and how much she wanted to get acquainted with everyone involved in this special first day of school. I thought it was a great practice for the school to organize breakfast and to have the parents prepare and serve the food to the children on their first day. I’m sure it provides much comfort for both the parents and students alike. Do take the time to watch her video. It’s fun and you can see the joy in her eyes when she talks about her life as a mother and Local Guide. @Ddimitra mentions, “...my main profession in life is as a mother, yes, I’m just a mother,” but there’s no job more difficult than being a parent. With her passion and love, I’m sure she can conquer any role she takes on in life!

Caption: A photo of a bowl of shrimp pad thai. (Local Guide @adi_pix)Caption: A photo of a bowl of shrimp pad thai. (Local Guide @adi_pix)@brittym: This week, I want to highlight “Best Dish Photos” on the Photography board by @adi_pix. In today’s modern world, it’s easier than ever to take out your phone and snap a picture of the food in front of you, but getting the perfect shot and making the food jump off the page is a skill that takes time to build. The photos @adi_pix highlights are gorgeous, appetizing, and shot in an editorial-style. I also love the images the community is sharing in response!

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.

15 comments
Level 8

Re: Friday Favorites: a snowy weekend getaway, a visit to Croatia, and more

Connect Moderator

Gracias por la mención @ArielleM_, fue un lindo viaje aventura alpina jejeje todo sea por una foto jejeje 

Saludos Farid

Level 10

Nice post @ArielleM_. Thank you for sharing this with us. 

Level 8

Level 10

dear @KaliroAlex 

thanks for mentioning one of my threads

Level 8

@ArielleM_thanks for sharing. It is really a nice post.

Level 8

Thanks for the mention 😃

And for a cool article

Level 9

These all posts are really deserve for favorites  thank you for sharing with us.

Level 10

Yes @ArielleM_.

You a right about @Ddimitra. I am very lucky to know her in the real life. I met her twice. And her motherhood is very very impress me. First in a meeting with @PavelSarwar and @RahmatHarmanP. She ensure that everybody get comfort with our lunch. Especially Pavel since he came far from Kuala Lumpur and we met in Depok, Indonesia. After the meeting I can not go to Jakarta and should go to Bogor. She handed me a mineral water from her cool box in her car. 

The second one Jakarta Local Guide has a meet up at Lapangan Banteng .

She handed me her hand made macarony schoottel . 

She is a real mother. A piece of @Ddemitra handmade macharony schottel.A piece of @Ddemitra handmade macharony schottel.

Tag (@BudiFXW) in your post or comment, I will happily to connect with you.