Sorbe's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Friday Favorites: a meet-up in Rivne, glamping, and more

Every Friday, Googlers round up some of the best posts they came across during the week to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. This week, a meet-up in Rivne, glamping in India, and more.

@MashaPS: This week, I really enjoyed reading @NatalkaR's post “[RECAP] Історичне та сучасне Рівне.” In it, @NatalkaR talks about her meet-up with other Ukrainian Local Guides in Rivne, a 740-year-old city. They visited many historical and modern places, such as the Rivne Regional Museum and the Hydropark, and @NatalkaR compiled a list of the best places to eat in Rivne. She also shows us the Amber Museum, where you can see amber pieces as old as 40 million years! But the place that amazed me most was the Sculptures alley which holds a modern open-air exhibition of various interesting blacksmith sculptures that grows every year. If you’re curious to learn more about what Rivne has to offer and want to enjoy some amazing photos, make sure to check out @NatalkaR's post.

Caption: A photo of eight Ukrainian Local Guides standing in front of a lake and holding the Ukrainian flag, a poster with the #LocalGuides, and paper letters that spell the name “Rivne”. (Local Guide @NatalkaR)Caption: A photo of eight Ukrainian Local Guides standing in front of a lake and holding the Ukrainian flag, a poster with the #LocalGuides, and paper letters that spell the name “Rivne”. (Local Guide @NatalkaR)

@Sorbe: When the weather in the city gets hot, I like to explore colder places online. It was refreshing to read @alexandradias's post “Como é ver neve pela primeira vez” in the summer heat. In it, @alexandradias describes her first experience with real snow on The Andes in South America. She shares her excitement of walking on snow and taking photos with a snowman. She also mentions the ski resorts she visited and the local specialties she tried in Santiago, Chile. South America may be famous for its infinite beaches, but thanks to @alexandradias's post I had a glimpse into a different side of the continent.

Caption: A photo of the spectacular snowy mountains of The Andes, reflected in a lake, close to Portillo, Chile. (Local Guide @alexandradias)Caption: A photo of the spectacular snowy mountains of The Andes, reflected in a lake, close to Portillo, Chile. (Local Guide @alexandradias)

@MortenSI: “Glamping” is a term I’ve run into a couple of times in the last few years, and I‘ve wondered if it would be something for me. After reading “My First Camping (Glamping) trip in the Wild | Weekend Getaway 2019” by Local Guide @Ambreen, I’m convinced that I will have to try this. @Ambreen stayed at Ananta Ecotel, just a few hours from Mumbai. The concept of camping in the wild while still having the necessary amenities fits perfectly with people who love getting in touch with nature, but would like to avoid camping out in an actual tent. @Ambreen describes what the resort is like, what activities and local food you can try there, and gives her signature detailed review of the place. If you want to discover a new way of camping, I suggest having a look at this post.

Caption: A photo of four luxury tents set up on a hillside with a little pathway made of tiles in front of them at the Ananta Ecotel Resort, India. (Local Guide @Ambreen)Caption: A photo of four luxury tents set up on a hillside with a little pathway made of tiles in front of them at the Ananta Ecotel Resort, India. (Local Guide @Ambreen)

@MoniV: This week, @Avsha’s post “Local Runer- #3 Dead Sea” caught my attention and reminded me of my high school years in Israel, when I had the opportunity to visit the Dead Sea myself. @Avsha has started a series of posts, dedicated to describing the places he passes by while running. This time, he follows a paved runway along the shore of the Dead Sea and shares curious facts about the lowest place on Earth, while also mentioning the accessibility features of the beaches and the beautiful natural sights he comes across.

Caption: A photo of three dimensional letters that spell “Dead Sea”, placed on the brown sand beach in front of the Dead Sea in Israel. (Local Guide @Avsha)Caption: A photo of three dimensional letters that spell “Dead Sea”, placed on the brown sand beach in front of the Dead Sea in Israel. (Local Guide @Avsha)

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

37 comments
Level 10

Re: Friday Favorites: a meet-up in Rivne, glamping, and more

@Sorbe@MashaPS and other amazing people!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy that you liked our meet-up in Rivne! It's cool to be one of Friday Favorites! And we are ready for next meet-up! :-)))))

I was really enjyoed to read post of @alexandradias. One day I'll go to Chile for seeing this beauty 🙂

Post about Ecotel is wonderful @Ambreen! After reading I want to go to travel 🙂 

@Avsha thanks for your interesting post about Dead sea. Many my friends were there. And now it's my turn I feel it :-)))

Level 8

Hi everyone.

Congratulations local guides. Well done!

Specially congrats @alexandradias

Best regards.

Level 8

ми отжигалі как могли )) 

Level 10

@Sorbe I am very happy! This make me recap my wonderful time in snow 🙂

Level 8

Parabéns à todos! Especialmente para a brasileira @alexandradias !

👏🏻😁🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷

Digite @ antes do nome de usuário para me mencionar/marcar para que eu possa responder mais rapidamente.

Francisco Assunção #LocalGuidesBrasil
Brasil!
Links úteis | Contribuições | Sobre mim

The pleasure was all mine @alexandradias . 

Is it correct to say "Obrigado", right?

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

OMG OMG  is this real? Woww @Sorbe this post made my day. Thank you so much for considering my post in Friday Favorites along with some Awesome posts from fellow local guides @NatalkaR @alexandradias @Avsha Congratulations! to each one of you. I feel so happy 😄 I am currently at work and still couldn't stop showing my excitement. So glad I could contribute to the community. 

Thank you once again @Sorbe 🙂

Have a wonderful day!

Regards

@Ambreen 

Blog | Instagram

Hey @Ambreen , 

I am super glad to hear your excitement. You have plenty of reason to be happy, but also thanks to @MortenSI that spotted your post and selected for this week Friday Favorites. 

I wish you a very happy weekend ahead and to keep your joy and happiness throughout of it. 

Level 8

Hi everyone, I'm very happy to read all these awesome posts.

@alexandradias congratulations your post is the best. 

@Ambreen well done, love your pictures

@NatalkaR  it's good to see all local guides together

Luciana Velasques Cervo
Brasil!| ospetsprecisamde! Blog