GeorgesHR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Friday Favorites: a festival in Nepal, a World Clean Up event, and more

Every Friday, Googlers round up some of their favorite posts that they came across during the week to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. This week, we focused on Local Stories posts we enjoyed.

@GeorgesHROne post that immediately grabbed my attention this week was titled, “Where the Babies 👶 come from?” In it, Local Guide @TorM asked fellow Local Guides to share tales told in their country about where babies come from. Of course, we all know the biological way, but in Germany, a white stork delivers the baby. Families celebrate newborns by putting a wooden stork in front of the house once the baby has arrived. I thought this was an interesting way to learn about other cultures and each other. Interesting enough, when I was a kid, my parents came up with a story that they bought me at a store for babies. Be sure to share your culture’s story on @TorM`s post.

Caption: A photo of two women taking a selfie together during Hartalika Teej in Nepal. (Local Guide @NirajBhusal)Caption: A photo of two women taking a selfie together during Hartalika Teej in Nepal. (Local Guide @NirajBhusal)

@KlaudiyaGThis week, I’m highlighting  @NirajBhusal’s post, “HARITALIKA TEEJ , WOMEN'S FESTIVAL IN NEPAL.” I think Nepal is one of the most interesting countries in the world, and I loved learning more about this festival that celebrates women. I was thrilled to see such a large number of women from different backgrounds coming together to celebrate, dance, and enjoy each other's company. If you want to know what I’m talking about, please spare a few minutes to immerse yourself into Niraj’s post.

@AngieYCPollution is a huge problem around the globe, but we can all do our part to make a difference. That’s why I am elated to see this movement that was shared by @RiverDefender in his “Bogor World Clean Up Day” post. I hope this will bring more awareness not only to our fellow Indonesians, but also to everyone all over the world to keep our earth clean! Salam Perubahan! Seperti kata @RiverDefender.

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
18 comments
Level 10

Re: Friday Favorites: a festival in Nepal, a World Clean Up event, and more

Terima kasih @GeorgesHR sudah menandai saya dalam posting Jum'at Favorit pekan ini. 

Ya. Kita harus bersuara terus dan melakukan semua ini penuh dengan kegembiraan agar tidak bosan dan frustasi.

Selamat untuk @TorM @NirajBhusal yang juga terpilih menjadi post menarik.

Salam dari Kota Bogor

FJoe

Level 8

Wow ! Again . 

I am overwhelmed. Thank you so much @GeorgesHR @KlaudiyaG . Nepal is really rich in culture and heritages, thank you so much for including my post here, I hope Local Guides will be happy to know about the culture in Nepal. 

Namaste, Niraj

Level 9

Thank you @GeorgesHR for sharing Friday favorites posts.

I have read both of stories, thank you @NirajBhusal and @TorM for sharing your post with us.

Level 8

Level 9

Thanks @GeorgesHR

For sharing this amazing post with us.

Great post @TorM

Hope my posts on day became featured

Cheers 

Saudi local guide 🇸🇦

Connect Moderator

Congratulations @NirajBhusal

Thanks @GeorgesHR for sharing with us.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

Congratulations @NirajBhusal

Great post you are really amazing local guide

Cheers

Saudi local guide 🇸🇦

Former Google Contributor

Keep up the good posts people! Connect is great because of your posts.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 9

Hello @RiverDefender

I have read your post too, thank you for your post @