AriMar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Editor

Friday Favorites: a beautiful garden in Spain, colorful Turkish desserts, and more

Every Friday, our Google Moderators round up some of their favorite posts that they came across during the week to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. This week, a stunning garden in Spain, delicious Turkish desserts, and more.

@brittym: This week, I really loved reading @MahabubMunna’s post, “My dessert food photography.” The topic is dessert, so that’s how I first fell in love with his post. (It seems like Mahabub and I share a love for sweets!) The photography featured makes great use of natural light and Mahabub has taken the time to identify what’s pictured in every photo. He also lists out the price of each dessert in Indian rupees, which is easy to convert by typing the currency you are converting and your currency directly into your Google search, for example, INR TO USD. Alright, now I’m hungry!

Caption: A photo of Turkish desserts displayed in a case. (Local Guide @MahabubMunna)Caption: A photo of Turkish desserts displayed in a case. (Local Guide @MahabubMunna)@GeorgesHR: The red planet is actually here on Earth. Or at least that’s what I understood after reading @Osama’s post, “If You Want To Visit Mars , Don't go to NASA Visit Jordan First , ‘Wadi Rum’ The Valley of the Moon.” There are so many things you can do in Wadi Rum such as go on a safari or learn to ride a camel. @OSAMA did a great job describing Wadi Rum in his most and I learned a lot reading it. I recommend you to read his post and check out his great photos.

@KlaudiyaG: Want to immerse yourself into the beautiful ponds of Pazo de Oca? Or perhaps you're more interested in seeing it’s beautiful gardens? Either way, after reading @Billie_Tijuana’s post you’ll feel like you’ve been there and you’ve seen the palace’s treasures with your own eyes. I felt like Alice in Wonderland while reading about and seeing the area and its amazing sculptures, which were created using only plants. Not only were there great photos, but @Billie_Tijuana also included a beautiful description of what it's like the explore the grounds. This post was extremely descriptive, informative, and fun to read and I’m really glad that Billie decided to share it with us. You will be too. If you don’t believe me, go and see for yourself! 🙂

Caption: A photo of a garden filled with greenery at the Pazo de Oca in Spain. (Local Guide @Billie_Tijuana)Caption: A photo of a garden filled with greenery at the Pazo de Oca in Spain. (Local Guide @Billie_Tijuana)

@ArielleM: There’s something special about @Rezgar’s post, “Shabdiz , My Fellow Traveller.” In this piece, the author highlights a unique history of Iran and tells a story of the relationship between a king and his faithful companion, his horse Shabdiz. I loved how this history translated to present day through the many experiences @Rezgar has had with his reliable car, also lovingly named, Shabdiz.The photos are captivating and truly instill a sense of curiosity and longing for adventure.

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.

12 comments
Level 9

Re: Friday Favorites: a beautiful garden in Spain, colorful Turkish desserts, and more

thank you so much for choosing my Post as one of the best posts i am very happy thank you so much :)))) @AriMar keep motivate us 

and many thanks to all moderators specially @GeorgesHR 🙂

and of course for you @brittym and @KlaudiyaG 🙂

Level 10

Re: Friday Favorites: a beautiful garden in Spain, colorful Turkish desserts, and more

Congratulations @OSAMA  @MahabubMunna @Rezgar and @Billie_Tijuana

You did a great job this week.

Keep lighting forum in this way

Level 9

Level 8

बहुत अच्छा खाद्य पदार्थ है।

I Love 

धन्यवाद

Vijendrathakur
Level 10

Thanks a lot @AriMar and @brittym love my post . it's inspire me more to add there more information .also in future add more sweets picture in this post 🙂

This special dry sweets for all of you 🙂

Mahabub Hasan
Former Google Contributor

@MahabubMunna With any images shared on Connect, it's important to give context. You did a great job with your post in sharing beautiful images with lots of context. Well done!

Level 9

congraats bro @Rezgar your post one of the best :)))

Level 10

Hi to all Google Moderators,
@AriMar @brittym @KlaudiyaG @GeorgesHR

Thank you so much for choosing my Post as one of the best posts. Thanks, dears
I am very glad to hear it. There is nothing better than to hear that your photos and videos and reviews and posts have helped to know better the country, the city or your culture.

Khosrow(King of Iran) loved the horse so much that he gave him his food, and he swore he would be killed immediately if anyone told him about his death.
One day, the man and his guard rushed to Barbad, The Harp's musician, and the intimate friend of the Shah and Barbad was pleased with him, and when he received the king's receipt, he grabbed a harp and spoke while singing: "The Shabdiz( Horse of The King) no longer moves and no longer sleeps" .
The King shouted, "Shabdiz died?"
Barbad replied: "My King, you said this", Khosrow said: "Well Done!! , you who saved both yourself and others from death."
After the death of Shabdiz, Khosrow buried the horse with great ceremonies and ordered to make a stone statue of him, and he cried whenever he was contemplating the statue.

This photo is Shabdiz in Taq E Bostan near the Kermanshan (My City)

ShabdizShabdiz

Best Regards
Rezgar 

Connect Moderator

Congratulations bro @OSAMA  @MahabubMunna and @Rezgar 

👏👏👏🎊🎊🎉🎉🎉💐💐💐

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.