InaS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Vendor

Friday Favorites: a Connect Live recap, photography spots in Lyon, and more

Every Friday, Googlers round up some of the best posts they came across during the week to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. This week, a Connect Live recap, a mythical fountain in Singapore, and more.

@VasT: I’ve traveled around Europe, but I’ve never visited France. Thanks to “Photography spots in Lyon” posted by @Fernwehsarah, I’ll definitely be planning a trip to Lyon. In her post, she used an engaging narrative style to guide us through the landmarks of the city. She also shared amazing photos and recommended an open market, streets where you can find great coffee-shops, and provided tips for getting around.

Caption: A photo of Local Guide @Fernwehsarah taken from behind as she walks through a cobblestone street in Lyon, France. (Local Guide @Fernwehsarah)Caption: A photo of Local Guide @Fernwehsarah taken from behind as she walks through a cobblestone street in Lyon, France. (Local Guide @Fernwehsarah)

@KlaudiyaG: Have you heard about the “Fairy Doors” of Ann Arbor in Michigan, U.S.? No? Then it’s time for you to find out more about it. @HiroyukiTakisawa shared a wonderful story about this curious town and his overall trip to Michigan in "Local Guides Family Travel; From a fairy town Ann Arbor, MI to Connect Live 2018." He also wrote about some of his experience at Connect Live 2018. I don’t want to spoil all the fun, so make sure to check out his post!

@GeorgesHR: My favorite topic this week is @MiaMaria’s Connect Live Recap. I didn’t attend the event, but I really enjoyed reading about all the fun through her post and seeing her photos. It’s a must-read if you’re interested in learning more about the event from a Local Guide’s perspective.

Caption: A photo of people surrounding The Merlion fountain in Merlion Park in Singapore. (Local Guide @DoriyaKiz)Caption: A photo of people surrounding The Merlion fountain in Merlion Park in Singapore. (Local Guide @DoriyaKiz)

@InaS: The post “’Rawr!’ says the Merlion” caught my interest because I’ve been dreaming about visiting Singapore since five years ago. In it, @DoriyaKiz wrote a great explanation about The Merlion, a fountain of a mythical creature with a lion’s head and a fish’s body, and its significance in Singapore.  I can’t wait to see the Merlion in real life!

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
21 comments
Level 8

Re: Friday Favorites: a Connect Live recap, photography spots in Lyon, and more

Thanks for the feature @InaS! Look forward to you visiting Singapore one day! Will definitely be there to show you around 🙂

Level 9

@InaS thanks for mentioning me in your post! 

I really like the pictures in your post!

I ❤️ being a local guide! My contributions
My Connect Profile
Level 8

Thanks for sharing. Please check "Badagry in 24 Hours" by @TitiDokubo. Best for me. Took me back to the memory lane.

Level 9

Thank you @InaS for sharing Friday favorites with us.

Level 10

Connect Moderator

Thank you for sharing my post. @InaS

I'm so happy you enjoyed that 🙂 

Cheers!

Google Vendor

Hi @DoriyaKiz,

Thank you, I am looking forward to visiting Singapore, and when I do decide will let you know. Keep up sharing more cool posts.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

wowwwwww @InaS it's all was amazing pictures you clicked i liked it all...soo muchh....😍😍😍

Google Vendor

Hi @surajPJ,

These photos are not taken by me. You can find the authors of the pictures in the caption below them.

Also for your information, the Friday Favorite is a post where Google Moderators choose every week their favorite posts. Posts with good content and photos have a better chance of being chosen.