VitB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Friday Favorites: Weekuri Lake, street photography, and more

Every Friday, Googlers round up some of the best posts they came across during the week to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. This week, Weekuri Lake, street photography, and more.

@AlexaACThis week, I was drawn to the vibrant colors of “Thaipusam festival at Batu Caves Malaysia January 2019” by @StephenAbraham. I was delighted to learn that Thaipusam is celebrated by people from different religious backgrounds, even though the festival is honouring the Hindu god, Lord Murugan.

Caption: A photo of a statue of Lord Murugan, the Hindu god of war located in Selangor, Malaysia. (Local Guide @StephenAbraham)Caption: A photo of a statue of Lord Murugan, the Hindu god of war located in Selangor, Malaysia. (Local Guide @StephenAbraham)

@RadieN: Indonesia is a big country with endless treasures. This week, another hidden paradise was revealed to us by @futnotecom. In the post “Danau Weekuri: Surga Tersembunyi yang Mesti,” (which translates to “Lake Weekuri: A Hidden Paradise that Must Be Visited”), @futnotecom takes us to the magnificent Lake Weekuri (literary “water splashes”), which was formed by sea waves. I just can’t stop looking at his photos of this unbelievable place, everything is so crystal clear—the salty water, the lush greenery, and the beautiful blue sky.

Caption: A photo of man who floating in the middle of Weekuri Lake. (Local Guide @MingguTeru)Caption: A photo of man who floating in the middle of Weekuri Lake. (Local Guide @MingguTeru)

@VasT: Are you interested in street photography? Then you most definitely need to check out the post titled “Street Photography , so what is it ?” that was written by @Mongoose. Initially, I was captivated by the marvelous photos, and then I couldn’t stop reading. “Street photography is about moments, thin slices of time, captured by you the artist,” he wrote. “It’s about emotion, connection, love, beauty, life, [and] death.” All of @Mongoose's posts have an exceptional narrative style. You can sense the passion and motivation behind his photos. His post is inspiring and contains great tips for photographers.

Caption: A black and white photo of a group of young musicians playing music and enjoy themselves under a sign that reads, “Neighbours sleeping.” (Local Guide @Mongoose)Caption: A black and white photo of a group of young musicians playing music and enjoy themselves under a sign that reads, “Neighbours sleeping.” (Local Guide @Mongoose)

@VitB: Because I graduated with a degree in history, I really enjoyed @TorM ’s post “Resistance in Poland.” In it, he describes his experience visiting the Museum of Polish Army AK, a museum with exhibitions that tell the story of the Polish underground during German and Soviet occupations, located in Kraków, Poland. It was interesting to learn more about @TorM’s experience there and what he learned.

Caption: A photo of a brick wall with many black and white photos, entryways, and windows at the Museum of Polish Army AK in Kraków, Poland. (Local Guide @TorM)Caption: A photo of a brick wall with many black and white photos, entryways, and windows at the Museum of Polish Army AK in Kraków, Poland. (Local Guide @TorM)

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
7 comments
Level 9

Re: Friday Favorites: Weekuri Lake, street photography, and more

Hello @VitB 

Great post, thank you for sharing Friday Favorite. 

Level 9

Wonderful pictures and beautiful places @VitB  thank you for sharing with us.. 

Connect Moderator

@VitB  These are cool Selection! Very nice photos. 

Local Guides keep sharing! 

Happy Guiding!

Former Google Contributor

Hello guys!

I am glad that you like it @AbdullahAM, @NirmalTeja and @ShafiulB!

I hope you do realize these are not my stories neither photos. So in a fact you should thank these guys: @StephenAbraham@MingguTerus @Mongoose and @TorM.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Hi @Mongoose

Congratulation for being featured here with your black and white picture

Nkwetche from #Douala #LetsGuide #Wakawaka #Cameroun
https://www.instagram.com/nkwetche/?hl=fr
Level 7

hey thanks for that , I am busy writing my next article .  So keep a look out ...

Poet , Photographer , Artist , Videographer , Sailor .
Level 6

Great photograph!  Thanks for having this Friday favourites