AngieYC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Moderator

Friday Favorites: Warsaw, Waiheke Island, and more

Every Friday, Googlers round up some of the best posts they came across during the week to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. This week, Warsaw, Waiheke Island, and more.

@AngieYC: “Taman Monumen Bung Hatta: Sebuah Penghormatan Untuk Bapak Bangsa” by @futnotecom is an interesting post for foreigners and a helpful history refresher for Indonesian people. In this post, @ibadahmimpi tell us about a great park in Bukit Tinggi that we can visit. He also includes a great overview about the history we can find inside the park and the story of the long struggle experienced by the Indonesian nation.

Caption: A photo of the statue of Bung Hatta with an evergreen tree in the foreground at Taman Monumen Bung Hatta, Indonesia. (Local Guides @ibadahmimpi)Caption: A photo of the statue of Bung Hatta with an evergreen tree in the foreground at Taman Monumen Bung Hatta, Indonesia. (Local Guides @ibadahmimpi)

@MortenSI: So many great stories have been shared in the past week, but I kept revisiting “Yellowstone National Park, USA” by Local Guide @Noimacki. He rented an RV and went around Yellowstone National Park for four days, seeing beautiful animals, roaring waterfalls, and gorgeous views along the way. He even shared a link to the route he took along with stops within the park, which I find very helpful for others who are planning to go, but don’t know where to start. This post made me want to start planning my very own trip to Yellowstone National Park, and if you are thinking about it too, I strongly suggest you have a look at it.

Caption: A photo of an elk on the grass of Hayden Valley near a pond in Yellowstone National Park, USA. (Local Guide @Noimacki)Caption: A photo of an elk on the grass of Hayden Valley near a pond in Yellowstone National Park, USA. (Local Guide @Noimacki)

@MoniV: This week was full of amazing content, but the one that really stood out to me was @christophesubilia's post “Discover Warsaw : between historical tourism and fun.” Right now, I have a small travelling bucket list and, to be honest, I would like to visit Warsaw once again. When I was a teenager, I went to Poland and visited the concentration camps. While it was an enriching experience, I didn’t experience all the beauty and fun that Poland has to offer. @christophesubilia's post is very entertaining and helpful if you are planning a trip there. It's full of really cool tips, which I will definitely use when I visit Warsaw once again.

Caption: A photo of the Plac Zamkowy Square in the old town of Warsaw. It shows many buildings and people walking around the square. (Local Guide @christophesubilia)Caption: A photo of the Plac Zamkowy Square in the old town of Warsaw. It shows many buildings and people walking around the square. (Local Guide @christophesubilia)

@KatyaL: The post that I enjoyed reading the most this week is written by @LuigiZ and is about the incredible Waiheke Island—one of the biggest islands in the gulf of New Zealand. “A peaceful day on Waiheke Island” inspired me to visit it one day thanks to the beautiful nature photos and the thoughtful descriptions. I’m also a wine lover, so that’s another great reason for me to go there! It looks like a peaceful and serene place to explore solo or go with the whole family. I would definitely not miss the chance to take a tour around the island!

Caption: A landscape photo taken at Waiheke Island with boats in the waters of Matiatia Bay with green trees visible over the hill, New Zealand (Local Guide @LuigiZ)Caption: A landscape photo taken at Waiheke Island with boats in the waters of Matiatia Bay with green trees visible over the hill, New Zealand (Local Guide @LuigiZ)

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

47 comments
Level 7

Re: Friday Favorites: Warsaw, Waiheke Island, and more

Hi@AngieYC,

Really nice presentation composed of nice pics and descriptions.

Thank you for sharing with us.

Best.

Level 8

Wohooo! Thanks to @AngieYC 

This is my lucky day.

Level 7

הנידון: Friday Favorites: Warsaw, Waiheke Island, and more

A great selection of stunning photos @AngieYC from all over the world! Thank you very much for the prominence of these friends and their excellent posts.

Level 8

@AngieYC all the pics are gr8. Glad u shared them.  

Congrats for the ones selected!!👍👍👍

Sharing some of my experiences, that you may like:

1 with 1000 Hands

Twin Mt. (Mangi-Tungi)

Xplore the UnXplored

Hidden Rainforest

Oxygen

Level 10

@AngieYC  Thanks for sharing these wonderful posts and photos. I love the photo of old twon of Warsaw. 

Level 8

Congrats!! @futnotecom @👍👍

Nice shot

Sharing some of my experiences, that you may like:

1 with 1000 Hands

Twin Mt. (Mangi-Tungi)

Xplore the UnXplored

Hidden Rainforest

Oxygen

Level 7

Thanks for combined such interesting posts @AngieYC 

Level 9

Hi @AngieYC thanks for sharing the wonderful collection of posts under Friday favourites tag, i am looking forward to see more fabulous post.

Congrats to all the LGs whose posts selected this week👍

@futnotecom @Noimacki @christophesubilia @LuigiZ 

Level 8

Thank you @fizireal 

I'll keep the good work. Its been nice to share a positive thing with everyone.