GeorgesHR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Friday Favorites: South Korea’s “Santorini,” a cow festival in Nepal, and more

Every Friday, Googlers round up some of their favorite posts that they came across during the week to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. This week, we focused on travel posts we enjoyed.

@GeorgesHRThis week, I’d like to highlight the travel post titled, “Do you know? DEEP JAPAN.” In it, @YasumiKikuchi invites fellow Local Guides to share their favorite places and things to do in Japan. The post is written in Japanese, but the Google Translate widget on every Connect page makes it easy to read.Many other Local Guides have commented on the post to share their experiences and photos.  If you haven’t been to Japan, but want to learn more about it, this is the perfect place to start. 

A photo of a girl in a diving gear under the water. (Local Guide @Nick-Hobogood)A photo of a girl in a diving gear under the water. (Local Guide @Nick-Hobogood)@NadyaPN What do you think of when you're dreaming about an exotic vacation? Crystal clear water? Palm trees? Beaches with white sand? Well, @Nick-Hobgood `s post “Daughter-Dad-Dive with sharks in the Beqa Lagoon in Fiji” is all about that. In it, he shared his experience visiting Beqa, an island in Fiji, with his daughter. Judging by his brilliant photos and 360 panos from a vacation, they had a great time.

@AngieYC One of the things I look forward to the most when I travel (besides food!) is to learn about a place’s culture. That is why “Gai Jatra (Cow Festival) , Nepal” written by @NirajBhusal really caught my attention this week. In it, he explained that Gai Jatra is “the festival of cows” celebrated in Nepal. “It is one of the most popular festivals in Nepal and we have a public holiday on this day in Kathmandu valley,” he wrote.

This post will help people who want to travel to Nepal learn about a great time to visit to experience this exciting festival. Thanks to @NirajBhusal’s post I would like to one day visit to learn more about Nepal and its rich culture.

A bird’s-eye view of Gamcheon Culture Village in Busan, South Korea that shows many colorful homes and buildings. (Local Guide @DoriyaKi)A bird’s-eye view of Gamcheon Culture Village in Busan, South Korea that shows many colorful homes and buildings. (Local Guide @DoriyaKi)@JavieraAuOne post that really impressed me this week was “Visiting Korea's Santorini, Gamcheon Culture Village” written by @DoriyaKiz. It’s filled with helpful and interesting information about the Gamcheon Culture Village, a tourist attraction in Busan, South Korea. Reading this post, I could vividly imagine what it would be like to be like to actually be there. The post really made an impression not only on me, but as well as @Sorbe, who said that this place reminds him of Cinque Terre (a group of five seaside villages in north Italy). In my case, I felt like I was walking once again up and down through Valparaiso's streets. For those who are not familiar with this city, it is located on 42 hills across the Pacific shore.

In that moment, I realized that even if we come from different cultures, we are not so different from each other after all.

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
24 comments
Level 7

Re: Friday Favorites: South Korea’s “Santorini,” a cow festival in Nepal, and more

Wow, So beautiful Korea

Level 7

Re: Friday Favorites: South Korea’s “Santorini,” a cow festival in Nepal, and more

Hello @GeorgesHR!

That was really a good post, it's incredible how the deep sea can be beautiful like in the surface.

Here where a I live exists a lot of diving groups that we are able to see unique fish and coral species.

Little bit had to take photos and post at the reviews, isn't? Haha

That's why who take that type of photos deserves be awarded.

Hey @jonasplima,

You have to totally take some photos and make a good post about it. People here always appreciate good content. 

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 7

Absolutely @GeorgesHR!

In the next few months I'll try to take some photos and share here in the connect how beatiful the sea in Brazil coast is.

Level 8

Thank you @GeorgesHR for the mention! Thanks @JavieraAu for liking my post. Totally appreciate it and look forward to share more of my travel experiences! 

Level 10

@DoriyaKiz, I really enjoy your post and I am looking forward reading about your future adventures.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Travel stories around the world, @GeorgesHR thank you for the post

Level 8

Thank you so much @GeorgesHR for mentioning my post here. I am so happy to know that you liked my post. I hope to have you soon in Nepal so that I will get chance to be your Local Guide here and take you around to view the beauty and culture of Nepal. 

I will try my best to improve my Photography and help other Local Guides sharing posts. 

Namaste 

Niraj