Namskar..

@MashaPS thanks for Sharing this post

@helga19  & @Potsdamomente

Nice Photos U Share..

Regards From Mumbai

Level 8

Re: Friday Favorites: Russian handicrafts, a #LooReview meetup, and more

Hi @MashaPS

Amazing love the traditional handicrafts , luckily i was gifted one of these beautiful Matryoshka doll by one of my friend's. Are they also called Babushka dolls? Thanks for sharing 🙂Matryoshka dollsMatryoshka dolls

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Ambreen,

I also have one at home. Hopefully I won't forget to take photo of them this evening. I would like to show you mine Matryoshkas because they are beautiful like yours.

I don't know if they are called Babushka. @helga19, could help us with this. The thing that I know is that they are painted to look as Russian Babushka.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Hi @MashaPS

Oh nice. Yes please do , so looking forward to those pictures. Great! thanks for sharing that valuable info. 

Level 9

Hello dear @MashaPS

Hello @Ambreen

Thanks for mention me in your post @MashaPS.

Your are quite right -Matryoshka looks like as Russian Babushka.

The painters create this old handicrafts many ,many years ago and painted this doll in a head scarf.,because all women in those times wore it.But we don't call this doll Babushka @Ambreen

Best wishes,

Inga

Level 8

Hi @helga19

Wow thank you so much for that amazing valuable information 🙂 Thanks for sharing.

Hey @Ambreen and @helga19,

I haven't forgotten my promise, and sorry for the delay.  

So, here are my Matryeshka figures, which I bought two years ago from Moscow.

Caption: A photo of  five Matryeshka dolls.Caption: A photo of five Matryeshka dolls.@Ivi_Ge, I know you have one of these too. It would be nice if you could share a picture of them.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Wow!

They are so nice!

Thank you @MashaPS for your photo.

It is really beautiful national painting!

Have a nice week

Inga

Google Moderator

Thank you for tagging me @MashaPS. I really liked Matryoshka dolls. 

Could you share with us something more about the designed of the dolls @helga19. Are there some special themes that were often drawn on them?

Here are my dolls 🙂

Caption: A photo of typical Russian nesting doll  - Matryoshka. (Local Guide @Ivi_Ge)Caption: A photo of typical Russian nesting doll - Matryoshka. (Local Guide @Ivi_Ge)

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hi @helga19 and thank you.

It was really hard for me to find these really authentic, hand-painted Matryoshka that I remember.

Have a nice weekend!