IrrPavlova's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Friday Favorites: Rock formations, Tanggedu Waterfall, and more

Every Friday, Googlers round up some of the best posts they came across during the week to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. This week, rock formations, Tanggedu Waterfall, and more.

@DanniS : My choice for this week’s Friday Favorites is definitely "Tenerife: Rock Formations” by @plavarda  because of the amazing photography of canyons and rocks. He stopped at this beautiful spot during sunset and saw an amazing path he didn’t want to leave unexplored. When many people think of Tenerife, Spain, they think of the beaches. But this post shows an unexpected yet equally as beautiful side of the island.

Caption: A photo of rock formations during in Tenerife, Spain captured sunset. (Local Guide @Plavarda)Caption: A photo of rock formations during in Tenerife, Spain captured sunset. (Local Guide @Plavarda)

@FelipePK :This week, I’m picking “Hidden Heaven in the Earth of Sumba Timur,” an amazing post about Tanggedu Waterfall in Indonesia written by @futnotecom. He describes the beauty of this place and includes some tips on how to reach it. I was impressed by the photos he shared. The crystal waters of the waterfall reminds me a lot of my childhood because I used to live in the countryside surrounded by waterfalls, rivers, and lakes. So, seeing @MingguTerus’s photos of Tanggedu Waterfall made me imagine myself enjoying the summertime in this place, swimming, relaxing on the rocks, and enjoying the view of the nature around. If you’re curious about this fabulous place, check out his post.

Caption: A photo of the back view of a person sitting at Tanggedu Waterfall with two people in the waters below. There are rocks and greenery all around. (Local Guide @MingguTerus).Caption: A photo of the back view of a person sitting at Tanggedu Waterfall with two people in the waters below. There are rocks and greenery all around. (Local Guide @MingguTerus).

@Sorbe: “Lucca: The hidden gem of Tuscanyby @AkhilGarg91  is my choice for this week. I chose this post because it gives us a great look at a city in Italy where I spent several years of my life. @AkhilGarg91 included stunning pictures of monuments and towers and shared a detailed description of the main places to see in the city centre. Most of the time, tourists are focus on Pisa or Florence, but this post highlights the beauty of Lucca in a magnificent way.

Caption: A photo of the view from the bottom of Torre Guinigi, a tower in Lucca, Italy. At the top, you can see a view of the city from its beautiful olive’s garden. (Local Guide@AkhilGarg91)Caption: A photo of the view from the bottom of Torre Guinigi, a tower in Lucca, Italy. At the top, you can see a view of the city from its beautiful olive’s garden. (Local Guide@AkhilGarg91)

@IrrPavlova: “Capturing the “Beauty of Life” Using My Phone” written by @KarenVChin left an impression on me. The photos made really touched me. It’s not every day you have the chance to compose a mourning dove photoshoot! The “Beauty of Life” literally landed on her doorstep. It almost feels like nature herself wanted Karen to have this story to tell. I also strongly agree with her that nowadays smartphone photography is catching up to DSLR photography.

Caption: A photo of a mourning dove above her baby chick while waiting for another baby chick to hatch. (Local Guide @karenvchin)Caption: A photo of a mourning dove above her baby chick while waiting for another baby chick to hatch. (Local Guide @karenvchin)

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
19 comments
Level 9

Re: Friday Favorites: Rock formations, Tanggedu Waterfall, and more

Hi @IrrPavlova ,

Thanks for mentioning my post. I hope you like it. 

Akhil Garg
Insta |Twitter |Facebook

Thank you for the great post, @AkhilGarg91. Personally, I've always loved Italian architecture myself. Last time I was there I spent a week in the south parts, mostly Matera and Bari. I didn't have the chance to visit Alberobello though. I'm definitely coming back to fix that.

We just had a short chat about it with @Sorbe. You should thank him. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Hi @IrrPavlova ,

Yes I also liked Italian architecture for sure. I would definitely going soon there.

@Sorbe thanks a lot!!

Akhil Garg
Insta |Twitter |Facebook

I am really glad to hear your happiness @AkhilGarg91 . 

For the next time that you going to Italy, especially to Tuscany, feel free to ping me on Connect. I can give you some useful suggestions. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Hi @Sorbe ,

Sure thanks))

Akhil Garg
Insta |Twitter |Facebook
Connect Moderator

@IrrPavlova - woo hoooo! You made my week!! Thanks for the mention and including my Connect post as part of this week’s Friday Favorites. I’m deeply honored. 

Cheers,

Karen

Level 1

That tenefere place looks like a mesa biom in Minecraft did you know that mesa booms often have more gold than other bioms?

Level 9

Thank you @IrrPavlova  for wonderful photos and mentioning nice posts of local guides.

I like post @KarenVChin  and @plavarda 

Level 9

Wonderful post @IrrPavlova 

Thank you for sharing Friday favorites with us, also many thanks to  @MingguTerus , @AkhilGarg91 and @KarenVChin for sharing their post with us.