BorrisS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Friday Favorites: Rishikesh, Phi Phi Island, and more

Every Friday, Googlers round up some of the best posts they came across during the week to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. This week, Rishikesh, Phi Phi Island, and more.

@AngieYC: Since I’m a foodie, I really enjoyed reading “Places to eat on the Gold Coast” by @Ninefiversthis week. Wherever I’m travelling, I’m always on the lookout for the best restaurant. Whether you’re looking for a great place to have breakfast, lunch, or dinner, this post offers a great list of places to dine-in when you’re in the Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia. As an Indonesian myself, I was proud to see one of the restaurants @Ninefivers chose offers nasi goreng, which is one of the most famous Indonesian dishes. I’m glad people from other countries also enjoy it.

Caption: A photo of a seafood platter with lemon on slices top and dipping sauces on the side next to a bowl of salad and forks and knives wrapped in napkins. (Local Guide @Ninefivers)Caption: A photo of a seafood platter with lemon on slices top and dipping sauces on the side next to a bowl of salad and forks and knives wrapped in napkins. (Local Guide @Ninefivers)

@BorrisS: As a person in love with India and its cultural diversity, I couldn’t go without mentioning the post “Why I Love Rishikesh?” by @IshantHP_ig. It doesn’t only include great photos and details about the place, but also some personal stories from @IshantHP_ig’s childhood which added a nice touch to the post.

Thanks to @IshantHP_ig, I got the chance to discover a place of unique beauty that I didn’t know of before. Rishikesh might not be as famous as Delhi or Bombay in India, but it really makes you want to be there once you know about it.

Caption: A photo of a red temple, houses, and mountains along the Ganges River in India. (Local Guide @IshantHP_ig)Caption: A photo of a red temple, houses, and mountains along the Ganges River in India. (Local Guide @IshantHP_ig)

@JavieraAu: Summer is almost around the corner in Europe, so @Explore_Keshav’s post “How to travel to Europe in less than INR 1lac ($1400) for 15days” is a must-read for anyone looking for useful tips. This travel guide includes tips on apps to download, where to stay, and when to buy your flight tickets. @Explore_Keshav also reflected on his past travels which were interesting to read. There's no right time or right age to travel” may just be my favorite takeaway from the post.

Caption: A photo of the front door of an art gallery filled with neon art called God's Own Junkyard in London, United Kingdom. (Local Guide @Explore_Keshav)Caption: A photo of the front door of an art gallery filled with neon art called God's Own Junkyard in London, United Kingdom. (Local Guide @Explore_Keshav)

@Aruni: One post everyone should check out this week is “5 tips for traveling to Phi Phi Island” written by @imran1986. It is very useful for planning a trip there and all of us can learn something new about this place. Phi Phi Island is a popular destination in Thailand with white sand beaches. There are a lot of views from Phi Phi Viewpoint. Undoubtedly, the view from there is breathtaking. This place has many activities to offer to every tourist that comes here, so I’ve already added this destination to my travel list.

Caption: A photo of Phi Phi Island with boats and ships along the shoreline. (Local Guide @imran1986)Caption: A photo of Phi Phi Island with boats and ships along the shoreline. (Local Guide @imran1986)

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

52 comments
Level 8

Re: Friday Favorites: Rishikesh, Phi Phi Island, and more

@IshantHP_ig  nice to see your post being shared by google moderator @BorrisS  😍😍😍

Level 9

Thanks a lot @BorrisS you really make my day awesome, i want say thanks to all Connect & Google moderators and all my fellow local guides who gives the valuable feedback on the divine post from Rishikesh 🕉🙏

Heartily thanks to @Aruni @TravellerG for the extreme support.

And congrats to my fellow local guides:

@imran1986 for sharing the great tips regarding trio to Phi Phi Island 🙂

@Explore_Keshav for sharing the amazing post about Europe trip, the post is really useful, i'll consider your suggestion in my future visit.

@Ninefivers for sharing the fabulous sea food picture.

Also thanks to @VickyKrish for the good wishes.

Welcome in Rishikesh!

Level 9

@BorrisS Your photo of seafood 🦞 has made me hungry o, my mouth is currently watery... I feel for some now... can you export some to me at a fee 😂

Level 8

Thx @BorrisS , @IshantHP_ig  & @Explore_Keshav  for a great Information about Destinations.

Level 6

that dish is too yum and mouth watering

Level 9

Thanks, @BorrisS ,. It was really cheerful for me that you and others like my post which motivates me to contribute more in the maps as well as in the connect.  Thanks to @TravellerG & @Aruni for liking and selecting the post. 

Congrats @IshantHP_ig@Explore_Keshav@Ninefivers for getting featured in the weekly post. I really loved your posts. Hope to get more from you guys. 

Best,

Imran

Level 8

happy about @BorrisS Google moderator consider and appreciative the why the love Rishikesh local stories written by @IshantHP_ig 

regards,

Virendra Kr. Nautiyal

Yoga Devotee

Virendra Kr. Nautiyal
Yoga Devotee
#Team India
Haridwar, Uttarakhand, India
Uttarakhand Local Guides
Level 9

Hi @imran1986 it's my pleasure to learn something innovative from community 🙂

Much thankful to :

@BorrisS @Aruni @TravellerG 🙏

For the support to share more about India, and the attachment of @BorrisS with Incredible India really motivate me to share more local stories from my region.

Also thanks to Sir @veeryoga because he is also from Uttarakhand a great devotee of Yoga and aware about the importance of Rishikesh in the world.