Petra_M's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Friday Favorites: Kura Kura Ocean Park, a trip to Berlin, and more

Every Friday, Googlers round up some of the best posts they came across during the week to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. This week, Kura Kura Ocean Park, a trip to Berlin, and more.

@MashaPS: This week I came across @Lyamalia’s post “Piknik at Arif inn.” This is her first post on Connect—and it’s wonderful! In it, she included a great description of her experience at this restaurant in Jakarta, nice photos of her delicious meal, and some colorful details of the interior. As someone who doesn’t speak Bahasa, I found that she wrote her post in a way that’s easy to translate. So, please take a moment to enjoy @Lyamalia’s food adventure in Jakarta!

Caption: An aerial photo of the exterior of Kura Kura Ocean Park, a marine park and aquarium in Jepara, Indonesia shaped like a huge turtle. (Local Guide @dhiantata)Caption: An aerial photo of the exterior of Kura Kura Ocean Park, a marine park and aquarium in Jepara, Indonesia shaped like a huge turtle. (Local Guide @dhiantata)

@Petra_M: My favorite post for this week is “Turtle statue (Kura kura Ocean Park) at Kartini beach shoot with my drone | ig:dhian_hardjodisastro” by @dhiantata . The post is about Kura Kura Ocean Park, a tourist attraction in Indonesia that’s uniquely designed to look like a giant turtle. In fact, “kura-kura” translates to “turtle” in Bahasa Indonesian. @dhiantata shared some amazing aerial photos taken with a drone, so be sure to check out this post.

@DanniS: This week, I’ve chosen “Berlin is Always a Good Idea” by @MiaMaria , because it reminds me of when I visited this German city. She shared a little bit about her experience in Berlin and included details about a nice vegetarian cafe she went to, which, judging by the images, looks like a really lovely and yummy place.

Caption: A photo of vegan baked goods on display for sale at a cafe in Berlin, Germany. The baked goods include vegan blueberry and raspberry muffins, vegan banana bread, cookies, brownies, and poppyseed bread. (Local Guide @MiaMaria)Caption: A photo of vegan baked goods on display for sale at a cafe in Berlin, Germany. The baked goods include vegan blueberry and raspberry muffins, vegan banana bread, cookies, brownies, and poppyseed bread. (Local Guide @MiaMaria)@DeniGu: Enjoy a one-day food journey to two serene mountain towns in Colombia, Chinácota and Bochalema, with @BeatrizAguilar’s post “Conozca los pueblos colombianos: Chinácota y Bochalema a través de su comida.” @BeatrizAguilar shares her impressions of the local delicacies, together with some mouth-watering photos (make sure you have a snack before reading her post!). What I loved most about her story were her musings about where life can take you. Who knows, maybe one day you’ll decide to settle down in a completely different country and open your own restaurant?

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

23 comments
Level 8

Re: Friday Favorites: Kura Kura Ocean Park, a trip to Berlin, and more

@Petra_M Thank you🙏🙏 for vote my post..

Everyone come here at Indonesia there's lot beautiful place..Indonesia its not only Bali, we have Java,Sumatera,Sulawesi,Kalimantan,Papua,etc...

Warm regards from Indonesia🙏

Thank you for the warm words @dhiantata.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 9

@Petra_M and @DeniGu  I'm so glad that you've recommended my publication and that you've liked it. It was  a pleasure for me written about those two mountain towns because both have simple food to offer to travelers of the "Andean" rout of Norte de Santander, Colombia. Thank you very much

Beatriz Aguilar | bandera-de-venezuela-imagen-animada-0001| Instagram

Thank you for the amazing topic @BeatrizAguilar, and special thanks for @DeniGu to show it to us. Keep up the good work, and we are waiting for your next post.

Connect Moderator

@BeatrizAguilar @MiaMaria so happy to see your articles featured as favs! Bravo!

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Level 8

@BeatrizAguilar Nice article..cake looks delicious..

Level 9

@SP31 and I'm happy too because among the recommendations, there are two post were not written in English; that means that this community is for all those who want to share posts whith real content, beautiful photos and all the information that the local guides have and want to provide to other local guides. 

Me gusta escribir en español, es el idioma en el cual me siento más cómoda y  transmito mejor mis ideas. Lo bueno es que podemos escribir en nuestros respectivos idiomas las publicaciones; y éstas son traducidas a lectores de otras lenguas ¡Qué herramienta tan útil tenemos aquí!

Beatriz Aguilar | bandera-de-venezuela-imagen-animada-0001| Instagram
Connect Moderator

@BeatrizAguilar and that's what's beautiful about this program and everyone in it - no fear to share authenticity and the open mind and heart (and appetites lol) to take it all in and share our cultures. 🙂 

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall

This is a great choice of topics. I enjoyed reading all of them.

Thanks for sharing guys.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators