Aruni's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Friday Favorites: Durga Puja, a hometown visit, and more

Every Friday, Googlers round up some of the best posts they came across during the week to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. This week, Durga Puja, a hometown visit, and more.

@FelipePK: My pick for this week is an incredible narrative told by our friend, Local Guide @Breno_Varejao. In his post “Faça o bem sem olhar a quem,” he tells us about the amazing project he has been doing for the locals of Amazonas. I found the simplicity of life there really captivating. If you are curious, check out his post.

Caption: A photo of a woman shredding carrots at a vegetable market. (Local Guide @cloverhsc)Caption: A photo of a woman shredding carrots at a vegetable market. (Local Guide @cloverhsc)

@RadieN:  This week, the post “回嘉 嘉義~家鄉懷念的遊記。caught my attention. In it, Local Guide @cloverhsctalks about his recent trip to his hometown, Jiayi. He visited the street market and enjoyed the local delicacies. I liked his photos of hard-working people and the great things they create and sell. He presented the unique spirit of the place really well.

@Aruni: Durga Puja is an amazing festival celebrated in both India and Thailand! This festival is celebrated for 10 days. People should visit Kolkata during the festivities to enjoy the city and its  many interesting things around it. Read @monurrra12's post titled “Kolkata in Durga Pujo” to learn more about Kolkata and Durja Puja.

Caption: A photo of a street with colored lights hung from side to side. (Local Guide @monurrra12)Caption: A photo of a street with colored lights hung from side to side. (Local Guide @monurrra12)

@VitB: “Winter illumination in your neighborhood” written by @HiroyukiTakisawa is an awesome post to check out this week. The post features holiday light decorations in Japan and includes lots of beautiful photos. @HiroyukiTakisawa shares info about an annual winter illumination festival at Koiwai Fram which you can visit for free as well as an awesome light installation at Yahaba Station. His post will definitely get you in the holiday spirit!

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
16 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Friday Favorites: Durga Puja, a hometown visit, and more

Thank you for introducing my post and all awesome posts @Aruni

We are still waiting for more photos! Let's share beautiful views with us:-)

Level 9

Nice post @Aruni in India also famous puja , Thank you for sharing with us...

@NirmalTeja Thank you. Do you visit the Durga Puja festival celebrated?

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 7

Hey really it's amazing... I am from i am from Kolkata and it's also there a big...

Level 9

Nice post @Aruni

Thank you for sharing with us.

Level 8

Hi @Aruni,

Thank you for the mention. 🙂

swati joshi
Level 9

Hello @Aruni,

Thank you for sharing the Friday Favourites with us. Also Thanks to all fellow guides, who shares their marvellous posts with us. It is actually a pleasure to be here and learn about different cultures, palaces and foods etc. Specially i find it very helpful here, where i can learn and enjoy at the same time.

So kind of you to appreciate as much as you do, @ShahnewazAhmed. 🙂 What is your favorite district in this world of ours so far?

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Hello @IrrPavlova, thank you for your interest about my favourite district.

Definitely, it is my home district. We call her Sylhet (Map Location), It is situated in the north east part of Bangladesh.

Though our national language is Bengali, but we have our own native language, it is known as Sylheti Nagari. Here is a Wikipedia link Sylhet, if you want you can take a glimpse.

Moreover i am a bit philanthropic, i love and respect every nation and culture of our world, because we all have our own generosity.

Thank you again and you are cordially invited to my home district.

Best regards,

@ShahnewazAhmed