ValeriaA_'s post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

French culture celebration in Buenos Aires

Hi Local Guides from all around the world. I hope you are doing very well.

I'm writing this post to tell you about a special celebration in Buenos Aires city that took place on September 16th and 17th. It's called "Buenos Aires celebra Francia" ("Buenos Aires celebrates France") and it was organized together with the French Embassy and the City Government.

It's a fair with typical french dishes, drinks and music. There were even some bands playing french music!

I visited it with @santiagoirale and we had a very good time! 

WhatsApp Image 2018-09-21 at 10.34.37.jpeg

There were lots of people so it was a bit difficult to buy food because the queues were so long! But of course that didn't stop us, and we were hungry.

At first we had a dish which name I don't remember 😞 but it was toasted bread with cream cheese, raw salmon and caviar. Absolutely delicious!

WhatsApp Image 2018-09-21 at 10.34.37 (1).jpeg

In this fair there was a small replica of the Eiffel Tower! I think it was very nice, because you felt like you were visiting Paris 😛

WhatsApp Image 2018-09-21 at 10.34.35.jpeg

We were still hungry so we started looking for another tasty dish... And we found it! Walnut bread with brie cheese. I can't find the words to describe how tasty it was 🙂

WhatsApp Image 2018-09-21 at 10.34.37 (2).jpeg

Thanks for virtually visiting this celebration with us. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!

WhatsApp Image 2018-09-21 at 10.34.36.jpeg

A few months ago I posted about an Indian Celebration. I guess we like to celebrate other countries and cultures 🙂

Best wishes

Valeria

@Julien44 I think you may like this!

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Plaza de Cataluña, Avenida del Libertador, Buenos Aires, Argentina
17 comments
Level 9

Re: French culture celebration in Buenos Aires

i like how ur country celebrate other countries like India and now France  @ValeriaA_ 🙂

very nice post thanks for sharing  "Buenos Aires celebra Francia"  🙂

Level 10

Hi @ValeriaA_,

Thanks a lot for sharing the French culture celebration in Buenos Aires! I felt being with you and I appreciated reading your post.

As I can see you and @santiagoirale enjoyed this taste of France!

Did you speak a bit of french?

I would love celebrating Argentinian culture in France but so far there wasn't any opportunity for me ;-(.

Have a nice weekend and see you soon

Jul

Level 9

Thank you @ValeriaA_ for sharing your Buenos Aires Celebrates France in Buenos Aires.

Connect Moderator

Thanks for sharing with us @ValeriaA_

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

It is indeed very nice @OSAMA!

I'm happy that I can learn new things about other countries without going too far from home 🙂

Level 10

@Julien44 I'm glad you liked this post!

Unfortunately I don't speak french. I just learnt a phrase in Duolingo: le chat noire mange une pomme rouge. LOL! Maybe one day I will learn some more 🙂

Connect Moderator

Parece que la pasaron lindo en el Buenos Aires festeja Francia, jajajaja @ValeriaA_ y por supuesto la comida, la comida el puente mejor asfaltado de todos para poder crusar de una cultura a la otra, gracias por compartir, ya me quede con hambre jajajaja 🙂👍

Saludos Fsrid

Level 10

@FaridTDF tenes razon! La comida es el mejor puente para conectar dos culturas 🙂

Level 10

@AbdullahAM I'm glad you liked the post.