IshantHP_ig's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Forest Research Institute(FRI), Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India

Caption: Actual view of Forest Research Institute(FRI), Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India (Photo by Local Guide IshantHP_ig).Caption: Actual view of Forest Research Institute(FRI), Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India (Photo by Local Guide IshantHP_ig).

About Forest Research Institute(FRI):

Forest Research Institute is one of famous tourist spot situated in Dehradun, which is the state capital of Uttarakhand (a state in northern India). It's a very prestigious institute since the Bristish rule in India. It's also a tour and picnic spot for the school/college students, the memerizing and superior architect of FRI attracts anyone to visit once here. Some famous bollywood movies shooting also done in FRI such as: Student of the year, Genius, Mohabbatein etc.

Caption: The superior architect of FRI, Dehradun (Photo by Local Guide IshantHP_ig).Caption: The superior architect of FRI, Dehradun (Photo by Local Guide IshantHP_ig).

Some facts about FRI:

FRI is an institute of the Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education (ICFRE) and is a popular institute in the field of Forestry research in India. 

Caption: The beams symmetry in FRI (Photo by Local Guide IshantHP_ig).Caption: The beams symmetry in FRI (Photo by Local Guide IshantHP_ig).

FRI provides various types of course for the students who want to make his/her carrier in the field of Forestry, various course are available such as: you can do graduation in Forestry or Post Graduation in the same field.

It's located at Dehradun in Uttarakhand state of northern India. It's one of the oldest and prestigious institute of its kind.

It was founded in 1878 as the British Imperial School by Dietrich Brandis.

In 1991 it was declared a deemed university by UGC(University Grant Comission), However it's established in 1906 officially.

Caption: The strong pillars of FRI on which the beautiful building of FRI is situated. (Photo by Local Guide IshantHP_ig).Caption: The strong pillars of FRI on which the beautiful building of FRI is situated. (Photo by Local Guide IshantHP_ig).

How to reach FRI ?

1. The nearby bus stop is Dehradun ISBT, which is about 7.9 km from FRI. You can easily cover this journey by the help of auto/taxi, buses are also available.

2. The nearby Railway station is Dehradun Railway Station, which is about 5.5 km from FRI, you can cover this distance by taxi or auto.

3. The nearby airport is Dehradun Airport which is about 30 km from FRI. Facility of uber/ola also available in Dehradun city or you can hire a taxi/auto to cover this distance.

If you like to see the beautiful British architect then you can visit at least once to see the glorious creation. @BorrisS @sonnyNg @Petra_M @FaridTDF @StephenAbraham @MoniDi @PennyChristie 

Have a good day!

Forest Research Institute, Indian Military Academy, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India
43 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Forest Research Institute(FRI), Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India

Hi @IshantHP_ig 

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Wow, so amazing place you had visited. It is a very nice place.

What activities can you do around?

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Hello @Aruni Good evening!

Mostly people came here for photography but apart from this we can choose this place for school tour because there are some museums inside FRI so students from school came here to know some facts about forestry.

Welcome in India! 🙂

Viite: Forest Research Institute(FRI), Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India

Hi @IshantHP_ig,

Such a beautiful building!! Is it open for tourists as well? Is there some entrance fee? The building reminds me a lot like Viennese palace, very European in a way. 

Are you from this city or just visiting? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

HI @IshantHP_ig 

its cool, bring back memories. Spent some times there for my research.

Level 9

Hello @DanniS thanks for asking query related to FRI.

The place is totally open for tourists (10 Am to 5 Pm, Sunday also open).

The entry charge is 7 INR or if you have 2 wheeler/4 wheeler then you have to pay 20 INR (for parking charges). There are about 5 museums inside FRI so we have to pay 40 INR (a fee for all musems)

My home is not here, i live in Chamba, Himachal Pradesh around 250 km away from FRI, I visited to see because i hear a lot about this place so today i plan to visit there.

And @Aruni @Petra_M i think you also have to read this.

@IshantHP_ig that's pretty cool! Can you also get some guided tours to get more information on this institute and what they do exactly? Did you visit any other places as well? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Hello sir @DrYashPaulSharma 

Thanks for sharing your response with us, i am totally agreed by your words because i also recall my old moments when i had visited during my school tour with my some school friends and teachers 🙂

Level 9

Hi @DanniS & @Aruni again:)

Yeah i was with some of my college friends and we hire a guide so that we can understand better about FRI, the guide tell us a lot about the amazing architect of this mind blowing place.

Actually the guide make group of 10 to 15 people to minimise the efforts 🙂

I also visited IMA (INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY) which is situated near FRI. 

I'm sure it was a wonderful experience @IshantHP_ig! 🙂 Thanks for sharing your tips and information.