AnnaDickson's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

For better photos, pretend your dessert is a model

Local Guides, we’d like you to meet the super-talented Sharon Heinrich. She’s a culinary tour guide in Paris, where she’s lived for the last seven years. If you check out her Instagram, @parischezsharon, you’ll see that her gorgeous photos of the city’s most fantastically flaky pastries have attracted more than 117,000 followers.

There are people who come to Paris for the art, the architecture, and the museums,” says Sharon. “For me, the pastries and the chocolate bonbons are diamonds and the pastry shops are the museums.”

On July 19, Sharon will meet up with Local Guides to taste and take photos of some wonderful desserts at Paris’s Colorova Patisserie. To watch live, be sure to like us on Facebook.

See four of Sharon’s best tips below, and keep sharing your own great food photos on social media with #LocalGuides.

Have fun with styling. Try to have an interesting background—it can change the whole picture. Photo and tip by Paris chez Sharon (@parischezsharon)Have fun with styling. Try to have an interesting background—it can change the whole picture. Photo and tip by Paris chez Sharon (@parischezsharon)

Play with color and texture. Try to match the colors and textures of desserts with the background. Photo and tip by Paris chez Sharon (@parischezsharon)Play with color and texture. Try to match the colors and textures of desserts with the background. Photo and tip by Paris chez Sharon (@parischezsharon)

Go outside. Take the dessert outside the shop, to a beautiful garden or street corner, and pretend it’s a model. Photo and tip by Paris chez Sharon (@parischezsharon)Go outside. Take the dessert outside the shop, to a beautiful garden or street corner, and pretend it’s a model. Photo and tip by Paris chez Sharon (@parischezsharon)

Add personality. Consider showing hands in the picture—it gives a feeling of movement and reality. Photo and tip by Paris chez Sharon (@parischezsharon)Add personality. Consider showing hands in the picture—it gives a feeling of movement and reality. Photo and tip by Paris chez Sharon (@parischezsharon)

Paris, France
45 comments
Level 9

Re: For better photos, pretend your dessert is a model

It's desserts time now 🙂

Amazing tips thanks to Sharon Heinrich 😊👍👍👍👌👍😊😊

@AnnaDickson

Level 9

@HelloSamsonR @Anonymous @DanielaBP

@LucioV @AkmalB @AlejandraMaria @SoniaK @ErmesT @AslamMo @Osaka78forTRUMP

Sweets for sweets Members 🎂🍰🎂🍰🎂🍰

Anonymous
Not applicable

I take note...thank you @AnnaDickson.

@Nando76 Local Guide MasterChef 😉

Level 10

Wow @AnnaDickson This is amazing, we are really learning a lot from your tips. @OSAMA Thanks a lot, I will have missed this as well. This is awesome and amazing 😊😊

Connect Moderator

Thanks for sharing this great tips Sharon Heinrich and thanks for sharing this with us @AnnaDickson

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

You're Welcome @HelloSamsonR, am sure you need more energy to your World Wide Meetup 😊

What better than Desserts 😊😁😊

@HelloSamsonR wrote:

Wow @AnnaDickson This is amazing, we are really learning a lot from your tips. @OSAMA Thanks a lot, I will have missed this as well. This is awesome and amazing 😊😊

Level 10

I must say that Amazing July because we learning a lot in this month about food photography from best and famous photographers. 

Thanks @AnnaDickson for sharing. 

Thanks @OSAMA to mention me in an informative post.

Level 8

Yumy @AnnaDickson!! that look so...so delicious!!

Level 10

food 4.jpg

Every tip helping me improve day to day .

@AnnaDickson thanks for sharing 

@MedRidaZ@OSAMA@AkmalB@NareshDarji rate me on scale 1-10 and tips so that i can improve .