SP31's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Foods from 20 Countries/Regions...All In One Place!

This weekend, I had the chance to make my third visit to the annual Disney Epcot International Food and Wine Festival at Epcot in Orlando, Florida. While the festival offers a number of activities such as concerts, culinary demonstrations, seminars, and even celebrity chef appearances, my favorite thing to do is make my way "around the world" (the park has a circle-shaped section where there are countries placed in different areas) and try out all the amazing dishes available!

Some of the countries and regions represented include India, Canada, France, China, and much more. It also provides a learning opportunity for many who may not be too familiar with the cuisines of particular countries and regions and why they use the ingredients they do use. The offerings don't give a full glimpse into what many of the country's citizens enjoy or their main foods as a whole, which is why I usually like to speak to those working the stations (many of them are students/interns from their home countries). 

There is so much to see and smell and taste, and while it usually takes more than one visit for many people to try everything, here are my photos from what I was able to enjoy:

Main Entrance!Main Entrance!

Coastal Eats: Lump Crab Cake with Napa Cabbage Slaw and Avocado-lemongrass CreamCoastal Eats: Lump Crab Cake with Napa Cabbage Slaw and Avocado-lemongrass CreamCoastal Eats: Baked Shrimp Scampi Dip with Sourdough BaguetteCoastal Eats: Baked Shrimp Scampi Dip with Sourdough BaguetteActive Eats: Loaded Mac ‘n' Cheese with Nueske's® Pepper Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Peppers and Green OnionsActive Eats: Loaded Mac ‘n' Cheese with Nueske's® Pepper Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Peppers and Green OnionsCheese Studio: Maple Bourbon Boursin Cheesecake with Maple Bourbon Cream, Caramel and Pecan CrunchCheese Studio: Maple Bourbon Boursin Cheesecake with Maple Bourbon Cream, Caramel and Pecan CrunchCheese Studio: Cheese Trio: Profiterole topped with Boursin Garlic and Fine Herbs Cheese and Orange Apricot Jam; Smoked Salmon Pinwheel with Boursin Shallot and Chive Cheese and Everything Seasoning; Strawberry Macaron with Boursin Pepper CheeseCheese Studio: Cheese Trio: Profiterole topped with Boursin Garlic and Fine Herbs Cheese and Orange Apricot Jam; Smoked Salmon Pinwheel with Boursin Shallot and Chive Cheese and Everything Seasoning; Strawberry Macaron with Boursin Pepper CheeseAustralia: Grilled Lamb Chop with Mint Pesto and Potato CrunchiesAustralia: Grilled Lamb Chop with Mint Pesto and Potato CrunchiesNew Zealand: Lamb Meatball with Spicy Tomato ChutneyNew Zealand: Lamb Meatball with Spicy Tomato ChutneyNew Zealand: Seared Venison Sausage with Kumara Purée and Wild Mushroom Marsala SauceNew Zealand: Seared Venison Sausage with Kumara Purée and Wild Mushroom Marsala SauceBrazil: Moqueca: Brazilian Seafood Stew featuring Scallops, Shrimp and White Fish with Coconut-lime Sauce and Steamed RiceBrazil: Moqueca: Brazilian Seafood Stew featuring Scallops, Shrimp and White Fish with Coconut-lime Sauce and Steamed RiceBrazil: Crispy Pork Belly with Black Beans, Tomato and OnionsBrazil: Crispy Pork Belly with Black Beans, Tomato and OnionsView from across the parkView from across the parkItaly: Pollo Alla Cacciatora: Braised Chicken Thigh, Mushrooms, Tomatoes and Parmesan PolentaItaly: Pollo Alla Cacciatora: Braised Chicken Thigh, Mushrooms, Tomatoes and Parmesan PolentaItaly: Mezzi Rigatoni: Vodka Sauce, Crispy Pancetta and Parmesan CheeseItaly: Mezzi Rigatoni: Vodka Sauce, Crispy Pancetta and Parmesan CheeseGermany: Roast Bratwurst in a Pretzel RollGermany: Roast Bratwurst in a Pretzel RollWest Coast (USA): Seared Scallops, Truffled Celery Root Purée, Brussels Sprouts and Wild MushroomsWest Coast (USA): Seared Scallops, Truffled Celery Root Purée, Brussels Sprouts and Wild MushroomsScene outside of Wine and Dine studioScene outside of Wine and Dine studioNew Zealand: Steamed Green Lip Mussels with Garlic Butter and Toasted BreadcrumbsNew Zealand: Steamed Green Lip Mussels with Garlic Butter and Toasted BreadcrumbsGermany: Schinkennudeln: Pasta Gratin with Ham, Onions and CheeseGermany: Schinkennudeln: Pasta Gratin with Ham, Onions and Cheese

What cuisines have you been looking forward to trying?

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Walt Disney World Resort, Walt Disney World Resort, Orlando, FL, USA
17 comments
Level 9

Re: Foods from 20 Countries/Regions...All In One Place!

Hey @SP31!! 

Thanks for sharing these photos! I had read before about all the different food options that is at Epcot, awesome that you caught it during the wine festival as well! I had visited many years ago and have been wanting to go again. Your food photos definitely have me drooling here at lunch time! Hopefully I get to visit in the near future!! 😄

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Connect Moderator

@Shirley thanks so much! 🙂 I hope you get the chance to soon, too! Even outside of the festival itself, it is always a great time - especially for us foodies! 😛 

Former Google Contributor

Hello @SP31,

Thank you for sharing those delicious photos. I enjoyed reading your post and seeing dishes specific for different parts of the world. I guess you must have enjoyed the Disney Epcot International Food and Wine Festival. Which were your favorite dishes, did you see some dishes that you haven't seen before?

P.S. Seeing your photos I hope one day I could also make it to this festival. Is it once in a year and always in the same place?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

@TsekoV thanks for your feedback! I'd say the lamb from Australia and the pork belly from Brazil were some of my favorites, but there is a lot more to explore - which I may have to follow up on if I can make it back! 🙂 It happens every Fall (August through November) at Epcot at Disney World in Orlando, so you'll definitely have a chance! 🙂 

Level 9

Lots of items from different countries, that's a cool place. 

Thank you @SP31 for sharing with us. 

Former Google Contributor

Hi @SP31,

Thanks for the information! I am looking forward to trying it one day.

See you around in Connect, hope you continue writing such informative posts so all of the Local Guides can appreciate them.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Moderator

Hi @SP31,

Just when I thought I couldn't be moved by thoughts about food after having the big lunch that I did, I came across this piece of mouth-watering content. 🙂 Your post is absolutely amazing - a real parade for the palate!

I'm a huge fan of international cuisine, and even though I've tried quite a few, this festival looks like a true foodie's dream. 

By the way, was there a Bulgarian stall by any chance? 

Connect Moderator

Thank you @AbdullahAM & @TsekoV - I appreciate your kind words that keep me motivated to share my discoveries. 🙂 

@DeniGu aww haha, thank you so much! Even when I look at the photos now a few days after I get hungry too haha. It is definitely a true foodie's dream - it doesn't even include the wine or drinks that they offer too. It's a must for everyone. Unfortunately there was not a Bulgarian stall but I've been interested in trying Bulgarian food!

Level 9

OMG you are killing me @SP31!

all of these mouth watering yummy photos in one post , not fair not fair 😄

ur photos make my heart beatsssss , u know food for me is a passion story 🙂

amaaaazing post amaazing event amazing photos from A.M.A.Z.I.N.G Steve 🙂

@SoniaK where r u?? check what Steve prepare for us