Corrie's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Food Photography - when and where

I saw this new ad from IKEA which heavily features food photography in a fun way (you can watch it below).

Do you take pictures of your food? I like to photograph some of my meals at restaurants if I think it will be helpful to add to Google Maps - like a visual menu 🙂 I take the picture with my phone right away and deal with uploading later so i can focus on the meal and who I'm with. I don't usually share food photos on my social channels (though exceptions can be made). 

What are your thoughts?

21 comments
Level 8

Re: Food Photography - when and where

Hello @Corrie

I am love photography. I like to share Indian traditional food photos. 

TeaTeaRice and Ilish FishRice and Ilish Fish

Thanks and Regard
Debanjan Chakrabarti

Those are beautiful photos @DebanjanJPG - do you remember where you took them? I want to make sure to go eat there 🙂 

Level 8

Hello @Corrie

This type of food make in my Home. It is Wste Bengal, India food. All Bengali person like this type of food me also. I like to share sum more photos. 

All type bengali foodAll type bengali foodRosogolla (Sweet)Rosogolla (Sweet)Vage FoodVage Food

Thanks and Regard
Debanjan Chakrabarti
Level 8

I'm probably going to be in the minority here, but I generally don't take photographs of dishes at restaurants, especially at the higher end of the spectrum. In my view it's as pointless as going to an art gallery and taking a photograph of an old master on a smartphone camera, and doesn't do justice to the restaurateur or the kitchen.

@wasaweb very interesting thought. So what in your opinion is the best way to do justice to the restaurant?

Level 8

@YanniY, I think it helps to if you can tell a story, and whether the place met your expectations. Why did you visit the establishment? What was your expectation? Who were you with? What was the atmosphere like? Was it a welcoming place? All these kinds of questions in addition to notes about food and the context. Eating out is not primarily a visual experience.

Thanks for sharing @wasaweb - you have made some really good points!

Level 8

Hello @wasaweb

Very nice. I like your post. Next time i am mention all information. 

Regard

Thanks and Regard
Debanjan Chakrabarti
Level 8

love the chai shot @DebanjanJPG!