greg_seb's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Food Haven: MALAYSIA

When it comes to diversity in food  here in Malaysia, we are definitely spoiled with choices and truth be told, there are just too many local scrumptious delicacies even for us locals to try out!

The picture below speaks for itself 🤤Sarawak LaksaSarawak Laksa

Let me know what's your favourite food here in Malaysia! 🙂

Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Food Haven: MALAYSIA

Hi @greg_seb 

Welcome to Local Guides Connect!

This looks really delicious, thank you for sharing it with us. Did you cook it by yourself or you had it at a restaurant? Do you know how this food is made? I am sure that Local Guides will appreciate your post even more if you can share some recipes. I love the food that you post looks very similar to our food in Thailand. I can share some photos of this food. Have you ever tried Thai food before?

Since you're new to the community, you might want to share a bit more about yourself and get to know others in our monthly Introduce Yourself — June 2019 Also, you can read these 14 helpful tips for using Connect, and What are Connect topics?

Caption: A photo of Noodle soup Tom Yum Kung (Local Guide @Aruni)Caption: A photo of Noodle soup Tom Yum Kung (Local Guide @Aruni)

I hope that you reviewed this place on Google Maps. It would be really useful for future customers who are looking for more information about this place before purchasing from them or visiting them.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 6

Hi Aruni,

Thanks for the warm introduction.

I had this local delicacy called "Sarawak Laksa" at Charlie's Cafe & Bakery and I have given my review on Google Maps as well (Feel free to check it out) Yes, I am a big fan of Thai Food  (Green curry is absolute fave :D) but it's not similar to Tom Yum Kung as Sarawak Laksa is actually noodle served in aromatic spiced coconut milk soup. Even Anthony Bourdain is fond of Sarawak Laksa too 😄 Unfortunately I don't have the recipe though, but a quick search on the net should do it  🙂

Hope to see you in Malaysia and I will be glad to bring you around on a food adventure! 😄

Former Google Contributor

Hi @greg_seb 

Wow, Thank you for your information and for sharing this with us. I have never even been to Malaysia before. I wish I could visit Malaysia once in a lifetime. Thank you for warm to be my Local Guides.

Please don't forget to tag Connect members in your posts by writing @ before their name. This way they receive a notification and know that you are trying to communicate with them directly.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!