ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Fly me to the moon - my Connect Live short Recap

I agree @BrandonW272

Connect Live is a wonderful way to know people. With most of the people the friendship started here, in this community, so meeting them in San Francisco was something very easy, like to meet old friends.

Good luck for 2019

Level 6

@ErmesT Thank you, sir. I am completely fascinated by the Local Guides. I love it. Hopefully, you and I can meet up someday and share stories.

Level 8

WOW !!!

What a great report !!! Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us !!!

Best greetings,

Jacky

Connect Moderator

Level 6

I live in the United States in Kansas City Missouri. I meant that as in we could meet up at next years Live Connect if you and I both decide to go. Do you have to be invited? I am really new to all this and want to learn. Hopefully, you would not mind being my mentor?

Connect Moderator

Here you can find the selection criteria for Connect Live '18, @BrandonW272

Be active in Local Guides program and in the community, you have five months to be ready.

Explore the Community, write about your experience, show your place to the community.

I know that I will have to run, in the next months, to be ready.

But the secret ingredient is to have a lot of fun in here.

Level 6

@ErmesT Thank you for the information. I am already having fun. Yes I will, and if I do not qualify in 2019 then I will attempt again in 2020. I have been such an avid user of Google maps for so long, I wish I would have known about local guides earlier, but I am glad that I found it now. I uploaded a bunch of pics from my photo gallery last night. I am a very avid social media user, so this will be an easy transition for me. I thank you again for becoming my friend on here, and I hope for many many collaborations in the future. 

Connect Moderator

Hey, thank you @JacquelineB

Sorry for responding so late, I had a couple of busy weeks, with 3 important meet-ups in 8 days, so I hope you can forgive me 😉

It is a pleasure to see you in Connect, but in any case you already know that I am one of your followers on Instagram (I love your way to show the beauty of the nature).

Connect Live was unforgettable. I really hope the event will be a great way to motivate Local Guides, because it was very exciting and motivating.

Starting early in the morning with Clean The World - Connect Live 2018 Edition was one of my best experience as a Local Guide, the right warm-up for three days with a lot of activities.

Level 8

@ErmesT Jeez this looks like it was a fantastic event... definitely gonna enter NEXT year!!!! I've missed it twice now... love the vibrant photos and the Google Local Guide swag is amazing!!!!! 

thanks again for sharing.

-TB is talking about it!!!
Connect Moderator

Hi @TenehaB

I am happy that my little post is giving you a pulse for participating in the community. I am crossing my fingers. Be prepared, because if we will have a new event (at the moment nobody knows) the submission will be in a few months.