ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Fly me to the moon - my Connect Live short Recap

IMG_20181017_085548-ANIMATION.gif

Fly me to the moon - This is the name of the sculpture that I meet, on Saturday, October 13, minutes before boarding on my flight for Connect Live.

It seemed to me a message of good luck, and yes, it was.

Caption: Venice Airport - Fly me to the MoonCaption: Venice Airport - Fly me to the Moon

My Connect Live was five days long, from Monday morning to Friday afternoon.

A very special event, with a lot to do, a lot to learn, a lot to share.

151 Local Guides and 106 Googlers, all together for two and a half day

We meet new and old friends, we had a lot of fun, we had a lot of time for talking with Google, for sharing dreams, ideas and project, in several different ways

My Connect Live started on Monday morning, with an early coffee at Philz Coffee, minutes walking from Google San Francisco

Captions: Early morning coffee in San FranciscoCaptions: Early morning coffee in San Francisco Captions: Tres Amigos Selfie @ Google SFCaptions: Tres Amigos Selfie @ Google SF

After an interesting morning, we walked for a lunch on a Dim Sum, minutes walking from Google SF. Time for exploring new food and for taking food's photos ?

Then we had to run, for reaching Union Square and joining @PaulPavlinovich on the 36 Walk - Connect Live Edition

The 36 walk was the first real moment for knowing each other, most of us already friends in Local Guides Connect, and some of us already coming from Local Guides Summit '17

Tuesday morning I had another early wake-up, to reach Hyatt hotel and drop my luggage at 7:30, ready for Clean The World - CL18 Edition, hosted by @KarenVChin.

I want to thank Karen for hosting the meet-up, and all the Local guides that wanted to be with us in there

Is Tuesday afternoon now, 3:00 pm, Connect Live '18 runs.

The first day is a big smile, is the moment for knowing each other in person, after month of chat.

Of course, also for many of the Connect Moderators this was the first opportunity of being together, an opportunity that we wanted to celebrate in several ways.

Wednesday we enter in the real event, the one that we want. Talking about Google Maps, meeting Googlers, working together, exchanging ideas.

The day was started by Dane Glasgow, VP of Google Maps (Wow)

Here a couple of shots that I like:

Talking about photography with @AnnaDickson is always an amazing experience

A long chat with @Sashabg was one of my dream. We both enjoyed the long conversation, probably day two has been my best day. (don't worry, I will say the same also for day three, unfortunately we didn't had a day four)

Thursday, Connect Live moved to Mountain View, and started with a big bang:

Jen Fitzpatrick, VP of Google Maps, welcomed us. I still remember her presentation of Google Maps on Google I/O 2018, so for me this was breathtaking

Everybody know how the day ended, so I will just add a photo (probably my most liked photo on Instagram :-))

Caption: Connect Live is .... 360 for everyone

At the end of the last day, we had time for a bit of emotions, shared with all Googlers through @TraciC

You can read this part of the story here: Live at Connect Live '18 - Connect Moderators Spread Holiday Cheer from Around the World

Friday: Ok, is time to pack all the wonderful gift received from all around the world, and to live the hotel

But our Connect Live is not finished. A sailing tour is waiting for us. It was funny, and the smiles on the photo will confirm it for sure. It is a quite big Gif, so be patient as it need time to load. Here is the direct link to the Gif

I have been in the area one more week, so I will write more and more about the Bay area.

The post is started with a photo of Venice Airport, so I want to close it with San Francisco (SFO) Airport

Goodbye San Francisco, see you again soon

153 comments
Level 10

Re: Fly me to the moon - my Connect Live short Recap

@ErmesT Wow, thanks for sharing many amazing photos. It has been such a blessing to have you with us. Thanks for all the help you have given to all of us and your lead in many things LG and more. Hope to see you again sometime soon, definitely next year. 🙂 

Level 8

It was a pleasure meeting you @ErmesT among other great event attendees and it was a great recap to remember those great memories.

Looking forward to see you soon, and hopefully in Egypt 🙂

Join our Egypt Local Guides Community - https://www.facebook.com/groups/egyptgooglelocalguides/
Level 10

@ErmesT Well recap!!!

My mind still in SF 

Level 9

@ErmesT is a great recap and awesome memoriesModeratorsModerators

Beatriz Aguilar | bandera-de-venezuela-imagen-animada-0001| Instagram
Level 9

Wow wonderful recap and pictures are beautiful thank you @ErmesT sharing with us...

Connect Moderator

@ErmesT great job as usual and nice photos too. I missed the  pre and post events which looked interesting.

Thanks for also introducing me to @Sashabg, it was inspiring meeting and having a session on accessibility.

Connect Moderator

@ErmesT

Thank you for sharing this awesome recap!

Everyone's smiles are perfect! 🙂

Level 8

Really Great photos

Support my Idea
Love to contribute
Level 8

Nice post @ErmesT and a wonderful memories, I loved meet you in person, Hope we will meet again next year! ^_^ 🙂

Gabu