KarenVChin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Flowers of Hawaii

@aaryesdee, you’re welcome. Happy you enjoyed reading my Connect post.

To answer your question, the first blossom is an azalea. The second I believe is a daliha.  Are these flowers close to wear you live? They are beautiful.

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

@EmekaUlor, glad you enjoyed my photos and bringing up fond memories of your father’s garden. 

Do share, what are your growing now?

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

@FaridTDF, muchas gracias for your compliments.

Easter Island is high on my Bucket List to visit. Are there people actually living on that island?

I can tell you the white yellow flower you have shown in your photo collage is called “plumeria.” Very fragrant and grown all over Hawaii as ornamental trees. The flowers are used for leis and to wear behind a lady’s ear. There is a pink flower version too.  During winter, the tree drops all its leaves. Looks like a naked bunch of long sticks. 

Flying to Hawaii from SFO /OAK in September or October is considered “low season.” Weather is perfect then. Not so many tourists. Flights and hotels are cheaper than Summer (family vacations) and winter (warmer than US and Canada).  

With the time time zone differences from the West Coast, flights from SFO / OAK are early morning. You will

arrive in time for lunch on the beach.  

You and @ErmesT should keep this in mind for this year. = )

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

@davidhyno @brittym, thanks! Glad you enjoyed my photos.

Hope one day you get a chance to visit Hawaii.

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

@Christina-NYC, you’re welcome! And I take your compliment truly as a compliment. 

I love Maui. It’s the perfect blend of being active, chilling, eating, and enjoying the outdoors. 

You should visit Kauai or the Big Island next. Nature Photography is amazing. The lighting is magical. Both are much more rustic and laid back.

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

@MdEmranulHoque, thanks! Do you have similar flowers? Where I live I could not grow any of these outdoors. They would not survive the frost, temperatures going down to 0C. 

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

@AdrianLunsong, from SFO / OAK, fly out in early morning. Be eating lunch on the beach before noon wearing shorts and a aloha shirt

Hawaiian Shirts Photo: @karenvchinHawaiian Shirts Photo: @karenvchinNot crowded during October or November either. Think about it. 

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

@StephenCassidy, you’re welcome. Glad you enjoyed my Kauai flora photos.

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

@ErmesT @AntonellaGr, all you need is 5 nights of time and I can make this happen for you.

It will be nothing like you have experienced prior and afterwards say why we did not do this sooner! = )

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

@John555, I completely agree and each island is different from the other islands.

Cheers,

Karen