KarenVChin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Re: Flowers of Hawaii

@KarenVChin, thank you for sharing your gorgeous photographs from Hawaii! I was able to go to Maui for the first time this past year—the flowers are indeed amazing. You captured the details of these exotic flowers and their color beautifully!

Level 10

Really very nice photography pictures @KarenVChin thanks for sharing your trip experience. 

Connect Moderator

Super awesome post @KarenVChin and I love, love, love having a map of Kauai (my ignorance is telling!) to know where exactly you were! And super cool to know that the flight is 5-6 hours.. it certainly puts it in context for me as I'm really bad at telling how far things are! And obviously lovely photos and with all the latin names!!! Fancy!! 🙂

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Level 8

Gorgeous photos, thank you for sharing. 

Connect Moderator

This is the paradise for a flowers and nature lover @KarenVChin

I am adding it to my bucket list too, and I am sure that @AntonellaGr will agree with me.

Level 8

@ErmesT 

YESSSSS! Thanks @KarenVChin for these amazing pictures! I can feel the smell of flowers!

Ciao 

Antonella 

Level 2

Hawaii has always been a place where you can relax your body and soul. Beautiful nature, amazing beach, as well as perfectly clear and clean sea will be waiting for you at any time.

Level 9

Colour full post @KarenVChin I enjoyed it while reading your post,thank you for sharing with us...

Connect Moderator

Thanks @SanyaOdare. it’s a no brainer. If something catches your eye, take out your phone and snap. Plus, a

flower or foliage doesn’t blink or moves. = ) So never a bad photo. LOL

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

@JaneBurunina, you are a plant goddess! Thanks so much for letting me know  about 2 out of the 4: 

https://www.ourhouseplants.com/plants/tillandsia-cyanea-lindenii

I did not realize this was a air plant and a bromeliad variety.

I would agree Hawaii is like walking inside one large greenhouse.

Kauai in particular is famous for being a Hollywood film location: Indiana Jones, the original Jurassic Park movie, 50 First Dates, Blue Hawaii (Elvis!), The Descendants (George Clooney),  Apocalypse Now, to just name several.

Cheers,

Karen