MatthewRafat's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

First Stop in Singapore for Foodies

Teh tarik in Malaysia and Singapore are fantastic. I always try to get a hot teh tarik at Al Azhar (near Beauty World MRT stop) as soon as I leave Singapore's airport. 

Singapore
4 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: First Stop in Singapore for Foodies

Hi @MatthewRafat

Nice video! 🙂 I'm curious to find out more of what this teh tarik is? Looks like a coffee drink? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Moderator

Hello @MatthewRafat,

Teh Tarik is one of my all time favorite and you are getting closer to Singapore, hope you have a great vacation! 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

@DanniS

Teh tarik is Malay for pulled tea, and the ingredients always include at least black tea and condensed milk (no coffee/kopi). I'm not entirely sure why an orange color is sometimes created, but it probably has to do with the quality/type of black tea. 

When in Singapore, try teh tarik and bandung (rose syrup, evaporated milk, chilled water). 

Former Google Contributor

Thanks for the quick response @MatthewRafat 🙂 It sounds actually quite delicious! I wonder if this is something I could make here at home as well? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!