Ddimitra's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

First Day at School - Mom as A Local Guide Series

Summer Holiday officially over!  I am a Mom and also as a Local Guide will start the extraordinary duty. My main duty is taking my son to school every day, and act like a CHEF to prepare his meal.

My son had started his first day at school on 9th July 2018, he just moved to a new school. He was excited as I was. Meeting new environment, new teachers, and the most important thing was meeting a new Friends! Revi Class of 2018 had 200 new students, so Revi has alot of friends!

As a local guide, I took alot of photos of his new school, and also review the place. The School is inside Masjid Agung Al Azhar's complex, these photo that I took around, and inside the school yard.

In Jakarta, and other cities in Indonesia, the government encourage parents to participate on their children First Day at school, some of the government office gave their officer a half day off. A lot moms and dads were taking their loved one to school.

On the first day, the refreshments had an opening ceremony held in the basket fields. And after that, the Seniors introduce about school regulations and gave them a warm welcome.

opening ceremony.

CeremonyCeremony

Me, on the other side, have just one  friend, Donna, her daughter also came from the same school. So I try to mingle with other moms, try to make   new friends. The School Administrator made a WhatsApp Group to inform and remind parents about school regulations and equipment, so in that group we could know each other.  But it was not enough, We still had to meet in person.

The seniors gave the refreshment tasks, one of them was bring the breakfast on specific menu. So, the parents help each other, to prepare breakfast. That was very cool, because We had not known each other yet, but We managed to overcome the awkward between new parents, we suddenly become solid and help each other.

Few of the Moms, they cooked the meal, and others help to organize distribute the meals, and me initiatively to document all the activities using videos.

In This video you can see how the moms working together to prepare breakfast.

I really glad that the first days at school smoothly gone by, but I think the first week in New schools  is very critical time!  oh No. I mean Wonderful time!   Hahahahha

MOMS  and DADS, who also as a local guide, How was the first day at school in your area? Please share your experience about Activites on the first day at school. Oh, maybe you are one of the students who experience the first day at school, so tell me!

Was it Fun?

Was it Scary?

Was it Wonderful?

Was it just another day?

Jakarta, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta, Indonesia
30 comments
Level 10

Re: First Day at School - Mom as A Local Guide Series

Hi @Ddimitra

Amazing.

Good practice of school, to allow parents to be present and part of functions, in the first day of new academic year.

All the best.

Vijay Desai.

Level 10

Hi @Ddimitra

It inspiring story. how you handle and put the children need become the first priority of all the mom.

And solve the problems by organizing Moms.

I remember when the first day I acompanied my daughter to the kindergaten the first day.

I dress her up her with the uniform, get the name tag with her call name , short only three word.

I walk her to the class I feel her hand very cold,  talk to her about a funny story to make her cmfortable. Some children starting to cries, but ok with my daughter.

She is ready inside the class, sit down calmly.

Pray ing time ok, she can pass it.

The teacher start to caliing the student by full name and ask one by one to stand ind front of the class.

A big big big hammer hitting my head, why I don't give or remain her about her full name, her baptist name , its not easy to remembering to a child like her. The world stop spinning, only my heart beating that sound and I feel it getting bigger and bigger.

The moment is come, The teacher start calling her full name. 

.... miracle happen, my daughter stood up and walk slowly to the front of the class.

Inhale the oxygen like never before.

It Is her guardian angel or her mom contribution, she know her full name 

Yes it is my unforgetable  moment of the first day of my daughter go to school.

Tag (@BudiFXW) in your post or comment, I will happily to connect with you.
Level 8

Hi @Ddimitra,

I also take my daughter to school at her first day.

She looks very happy to go to school with me, and yes, me as parent also feel wonderful to see how exciting she is 🙂

Level 8

Wonderful

Thank for sharing, it is inspiring.

Level 8

lucky me I've met you in person, @DdimitraThanks for being inspiring Mom First Day at School, you remind me to my daughter, when she had first day at kindergarten It's a golden moment. and really miss this moment. 

i wondering how you spend your holiday as a Mom , but also act as a local guides?

cannot wait for another Mom as A Local Guide Series ...

check this out @AlejandraMaria @AngieYC

Google Moderator

Hello @Ddimitra,

Thank you @RahmatHarmanP for tagging me.

This such a beautiful post, I still don't have a child but your story inspires me to become a good mom in future. I am looking forward to hear your other stories. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Hi @Ddimitra, I was an elementary school teacher for 2 years. I know how it feels the vibes of first day school. Your stories as a mom is really  inspiring. I love the way you put the stories into a video. Keep it up!

Indonesia Local Guides
Level 10

@VijayDesai wrote:

Hi @Ddimitra

Amazing.

Good practice of school, to allow parents to be present and part of functions, in the first day of new academic year.

All the best.

Vijay Desai.

Hi @VijayDesai

Nice to meet you.

Thanks for stop by.

Yupe, luckyly in my city, the goverment encourage parents.

After all, children are our future. 

Connect Moderator

Very nice post indeed. It is always difficult to take some milestones with children.

We are late here in Bavaria/ Germany with summer holidays. My youngest son finished last Friday the primary school...

They did start balloons.5292FDC2-AECE-435E-9B74-86B92089696E.jpeg

He did cry, because he have to left. My wife and I felt sad, because the last of three children did left the primary school.

Many parents have problems to accept that their children growing from day to day and will be soon adults... 

I‘m not if I‘m able to join the first day of my kids due to work... But I encourage every parents to try, like you did @Ddimitra

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r