TorM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Festival of Love called Christmas!

Around one week to go, then a part of the Christians will celebrate the Birth of Jesus. Some Christians will follow to celebrate the birth some weeks later, as in the past there was a split between the East and West churches who have different calendars.

Anyway, the Festival of Love will take us through the next year, as we Christians find a way to God by believing in his son.

Engelsgruß NürnbergEngelsgruß NürnbergWhat plays as well a role is the trust in the Holy Spirit. On the picture you can see the wooden made Angelgreating 😇 from Veit Stoß, made around 500 years ago !

It shows the Archangel Gabriel by telling the Jewish Virgin Maria, that he will give birth to Jesus, who will give us the possibility to believe in the same God like the Jews. 

What some of us Christians forgot is, that Jesus did say:

Mark 12: Bible (The book we trust in)

„Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.“

As well written in the Torah! (Deuteronomy 6)

In my opinion it means, that we should love all people and also respect the religion of them!!!

So, the Birthday Party we celebrate with Jesus soon, will include my Local Guide friends, who believe in Muhammad, Moses and all other kind of transcendental power!

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
St. Lorenz Kirche Nürnberg, Lorenzer Platz, Nürnberg, Deutschland
9 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Festival of Love called Christmas!

Hi @TorM,

These are some very thoughtful words and feelings that you expressed. I must say that those wooden angel statues are quite beautiful and depicts very well how we have believed angels to look like through the ages.

I agree with you that the right way to live is to live with love and acceptance to others. No matter in what one believes in, we are all equal and love cannot be measured differently for different people or nations.

Wishing you happy holidays and light be with you!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hi @TorM

Thank you very much for the picture and especially for those wise words.

I totally agree with you that we should love all the people regardless of their religion. I also absolutely agree that Christmas should be about love and not about consumerism.

I am a bit confused about Festival of Love called Christmas is that some actual festival? If yes when and where is it?  Or is it just how you call Christmas? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Connect Moderator

Thank you @TsekoV and @VitB for the comments. 

I believe really that to love the neighbor is equal, so I‘m happy that you like it.

@VitB , I call it only festival of love or as well birthday of love. In German we say: Fest der Liebe, and it is in fact all about Love ❤️.

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r

@TorM I absolutely agree with your definition of Christmas. For me, it's a special day that everyone has to spend with the people they love the most. Love can unite all of us, no matter what is our religion or nationality.

I wish you a wonderful Christmas, full of happiness and warmth! 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

@TorM I also have the same belief - love is the way and everyone of us deserves it. If everyone gives love to those around them, world would be much better. : )

@PoliMC What do you think about the saying in German "Fest der Liebe"? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hi @TsekoV,

Thank you for tagging me!

I think that the so-called "Fest der Liebe" is one of the most important celebrations. It's typical that the gifts for Christmas are coming from the heart. It's also connected with the family because they are all together and celebrate together. Most of the people memorize their childhood because of Santa Claus.

As @TorM said we are all people and I also respect all the people in the world. Love is one of the main things in our life!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

Betreff: Festival of Love called Christmas!

Dein Text ist auf jeden Fall besser als das was der andere Google Moderator über das deutsche Weihnachtsfest schreibt. Da wird leider das Weihnachtsfest auf ein Ess und Saufgelage reduziert. Wir laden wie jedes Jahr Obdachlose und Syrer ein mit uns zu feiern. Das funktioniert auch trotz anderem Glauben.

Level 10

Dear @TorM, I like your title,  which itself tells the full story. 

I liked your wooden picture looks very real. 

Yes it is festival of love. God loved the world and gave his son.  In return we must show our unconditional love towards the humanity and the universe. 

Very nice post with verses. I like your pluralistic approach and openness. 

Stay blessed

Level 7

Really nice@TorM, thank you, I was going through the old posts and I found yours, really beautiful, thanks once again. 

Best wishes.