DiAnaUS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Feelings about writing bad review...

•Any thoughts on this topic?

•Do you write about your bad experiences, or just stick with the star rating system(☆☆☆☆☆)?  

•Does reading bad reviews affect your decision to go to a place? 

I always go to a place twice to see if it was a bad day that affected the last visit, but if its a consistent thing, I am very honest with my review.

I give my full experience. I think that's one of the best things about reviewing. Everyone tends to feel bad when they give a bad review. But the way I look at it is, if there was no remedy to the situation and it's continous, even after formal complaint, go ahead.

People work hard and to spend their hard earned money in a place thats not worth it, doesn't seem fair. Would you want to go to place thats a waste of time and money. Time is precious!

I love looking at reviews with pure honesty. Often times when you have a bad experience in a place a couple of times, you're not alone, many people have experienced it as well. 

I think being the first to stand up, opens the door for others to say something as well. 

As local guides, we should be honest, through the good and the bad. 

Reviews shouldn't always be just the highs. I love giving good reviews, but sometimes it's necessary to give bad ones too.

We don't live in a perfect world, its ok to think some places are not good. 

Honesty is the BEST policy!

☆☆☆☆☆

Clearwater, FL, United States
20 comments
Level 9

Re: Feelings about writing bad review...

Absolutely agree with you @DiAnaUS, we reviewing the business is showing them an area of opportunity for them to improve!

If they work on the feedback. Next time they will get a good rating!

Level 8

Exactly! I completely agree. 

I love the fact that when we submit a review on Google maps it's does not have to be permanent. I'm happy you brought that up @AslamMo, I have changed a handful of reviews! Opinions can always be changed, good or bad! Thank you for your insight on the topic 🙂 

Level 8

@DiAnaUS I personally try to stay objective when writing reviews... I try to document what happened and let people form their own opinions. I don't use reviews to bash anyone or to rant publicly about a place or the employees there. I try to use them to be factual. For example... "this donut was overly sweet, sticking to my mouth" vs. "the donuts here are disgusting and you should never stop in". Who am I to decide that everyone hates a really sweet donut? For some, that might be a plus. 

Level 8

That's a great way to write reviews too! @SammyB824 I like to stay overall objective when it comes to writing reviews too. It leaves a neutral zone for people to decide.

I go by a checklist:

□customer service

□cleanliness of the place

□quality 

□presentation 

□accessibility  (because parking is a big deal for many, especially handicap, like for my family) 

Thank you for your input 🙂 it's always nice to read how everyone contributes to their local community on maps! 

Level 10

@DiAnaUS

when i visit any place,

i will see customer support, Facilities, Prices, Qualities and Quantities. then after i will writing a review on it.

because our review are very important for Customers and Business Owner.

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 9

@DiAnaUS and @iDepp Glad to see I'm not the only one!  When I leave reviews I break them down into the following category:

• Overview
  • Product/Service
  • Pointers/Perks
  • Employees

Anyways, back to your original point @DiAnaUS I will leave a negative review where it is appropriate.  You can actually see what I wrote about a Taco Bell I went to a few days ago.  It was honest, and wasn't the best, while at the same time, I kind of make it fun and light humored as you read the Overview section.  I feel most people that leave reviews are of both extremes, either incredibly mad and irritated or they are completely happy and excited.  Rarely (with the exception of us honest Google Local Guides), I feel like would leave an honest review.

Also as it was identified, it is easy to go back and revise your review.  I have done it a few times myself.

New WriterNew SolutionistGood FriendSuper Popular| 9 Badges so far! | My Connect Profile | My Contributions
Level 10

Hi @DiAnaUS

I really enjoyed your post .especially that part where you write .people's spend money on there's business and one person's review can harm the business and spoil the earnings.

I totally agree with you. You rise a very good topic. 

Keep honest. ...be honest 

Level 7

@DiAnaUS it is great idea but ,for example I have bought a car for 13000$ but it is defective . When that is a case I need to express my experience as word which will help other to avoid that particular thing 

VG
Level 8

That is a great and efficient way to write a transparent review! Thank you for sharing your methods @iDepp 🙂