ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Feeling of sun - How do you capture your sunset?

I will make an album, @PoliMC , is a good idea in fact.

I need a bit of time because the photos are on a long timeline

It was January 13, three weeks ago. The night was coming quickly, in the Venetial lagoon, together with the fog. The lawn in front of me was a sea of gold, lighted by the sun

Caption - sunset in the Venetian Lagoon - Local Guide @ermestCaption - sunset in the Venetian Lagoon - Local Guide @ErmesT

Level 9

Нello @ErmesT 

Your photos are really otstanding!

It is very difficult to shoot the sun.  But your photos are very beautiful and amazing. You are really professional !

Connect Moderator

If I wouldn't know you, I could think that the pictures are from a Photoshop avatar 😉

Always my sun is to small, when taking a picture. Or is Italy maybe closer and this is the reason??? 🤔

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Google Moderator

Hi @ermest,

Thank you for this serene thread you've started. All these photos bring me so much peace and happiness. ?

I'd love to share with you some of my favourite photos of the sun. I also like it best when the sunlight is reflected off buildings, objects, water.

Caption: A photo of the facade of the Suleymaniye mosque in Edirne, Turkey, coloured in bright yellow by the setting sun. (Local Guide @DeniGu)Caption: A photo of the facade of the Suleymaniye mosque in Edirne, Turkey, coloured in bright yellow by the setting sun. (Local Guide @DeniGu)

Or when the light colours the clouds in beautiful purple shades.

Caption: A photo of the sky in yellow, orange, pink, and purple colours at sunset in Edirne, Turkey. The light is reflected off a bright yellow taxi in the foreground. (Local Guide @DeniGu)Caption: A photo of the sky in yellow, orange, pink, and purple colours at sunset in Edirne, Turkey. The light is reflected off a bright yellow taxi in the foreground. (Local Guide @DeniGu)

But there's also one more way I enjoy taking photos of the sunlight - when it's "trapped" between objects or narrow spaces. 

Caption: A photo of two building in Istanbul, Turkey, forming a narrow space, brightly lit by sunlight. (Local Guide @DeniGu)Caption: A photo of two building in Istanbul, Turkey, forming a narrow space, brightly lit by sunlight. (Local Guide @DeniGu)

What do you think, @ermest?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

Wow @ermest your photos are amazing! Thanks for sharing.

I really like to photograph the sunset. Unfortunately I don't have a proffesional camera but here is my photo captured by my smartphone: 

Fishing day. Around  Río UruguayFishing day. Around Río Uruguay

Level 9

@ErmesT people say "beauty hurts". Perhaps for that reason, sunset or sunrise harm the camera's sensor. I know that is a silly idea, but it sounds logic.

All the photos are splendid. Particularly, the sunset in Treviso. It's as if the sharp tower wanted to cut the sun because it's occulting like that, so majestic.

Beatriz Aguilar | bandera-de-venezuela-imagen-animada-0001| Instagram
Level 9

Hello @DeniGu 

I like your second photo best of all! So beautiful! 

Unusual amazing sunset!

Thank you.

Level 9

Lovely,nice photo!

I like it very much!

Thank you @sofi_dz 

Level 9

@ErmesT I took this sunrise during my vacations (2017) in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, E.E.U.U. I woke up early in the morning just to go see the sun and catch the moment. 

Sunrise on Pompano beach, Florida, U.S.ASunrise on Pompano beach, Florida, U.S.A

Beatriz Aguilar | bandera-de-venezuela-imagen-animada-0001| Instagram
Connect Moderator

Thank you @helga19 . I am not a professional, but I love to take photos

This is an interesting point, @TorM . As you may know, there is an Italian song, titled "O' sole mio" (my sun), and another one (very old) that say: "this is the country of sun". 

The sun is very big in my town, mostly if you use a 300 mm lens to take the picture 🙂

The cover photo is part of a set of three, taken during a very foggy evening. Her the other two

Caption - Sunset in a foggy day - Local Guide @ermestCaption - Sunset in a foggy day - Local Guide @ermestCaption - Sunset in a foggy day - Local Guide @ermestCaption - Sunset in a foggy day - Local Guide @ermest