Nick-Hobgood's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Feature request: Allow SV Trusted Photographers to determine the 360 preview on Google Maps.

I have recently uploaded a few 360 Street View images of a fantastic wall commemorating a number of famous African Americans including President Obama and Prince.  I made sure the 360s had the mural represented in the middle of the images to make sure they showed properly on the previews in Google Maps.  At First they showed the middle as intended and then something happened and two of the previews went to the boring brick wall on the other side as can be seen in the screenshot below (PC and mobile device) and on Google Maps here .  I think the image of Prince is a much better representation of the mural than a brick wall with a pipe.  

Similarly, I uploaded two images of very interesting old trees here that can be seen in the screenshot below and all of a sudden, the preview showed a boring building across the street.  Not what was intended for the 360.  

I ask that we be allowed to determine the preview for the 360s that we upload.  This is especially interesting for business views - more satisfied businesses = more views on Google Maps = more potential interest in buying ads = more money for Google.  Thank you - Nick Hobgood

The artist formerly known as Prince -or- brick wallThe artist formerly known as Prince -or- brick wall
Brick wall and pipe on Google Maps for mobileBrick wall and pipe on Google Maps for mobile

Old trees with building previewOld trees with building preview 

Ben Ali Way, Washington, DC, USA
10 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Feature request: Allow SV Trusted Photographers to determine the 360 preview on Google Maps.

Hi @Nick-Hobgood you've posted to one of the old boards on Connect 1.0. These are no longer surfaced to Local Guides. I will move it to General Discussion so it is visible. Please edit and add a topic tag.

Thanks for requesting a change, feature requests are done via Idea Exchange these days.

Regards Paul

Level 8

Re: Feature request: Allow SV Trusted Photographers to determine the 360 preview on Google Maps.

Thanks @PaulPavlinovich for the move.  I went back to edit and there are no options for adding a tag in edit mode.  Can I tag it in the text with like hash tags ?  What to do  ?  Cheers - Nick

Connect Moderator

Sorry mate I moved it to the wrong "General Discussion" - my bad. Could you please try again, there should be a spot down the bottom to add a topic.

Level 8

HI @PaulPavlinovich  I went back to the post and I am not sure that I am going to the right one as there is still no possibility of adding tags.  Can you please share a link to the active post so I can find it ?  Thanks much, Nick  PS - the bottom of my edit mode screen looks like below without a +Tag option..... 

Screenshot at Sep 02 11-23-26.png

Connect Moderator

It might be the post is too old, I know that some posts before topics were introduced seem to have problems.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Nick-Hobgood,

Thanks for reaching out.

Please note that I've merged these posts with the original ones - Feature request: Allow SV Trusted Photographers to determine the 360 preview on Google Maps.

To answer your questions you can tag a Street View moderator. You can see who are they in the Meet your Street View moderators! topic.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Thanks @MashaPS !@ArmonJ @VyaraR  @Masha-R @LilienD @OscarO @Vasko8 @NayaraA @VicL1  Consider yourselves tagged  😉  Thanks, Merci, Gracias, Grazie, Obrigado, Danke, Спасибо

Level 8

Dear @MashaPS !@ArmonJ @VyaraR  @Masha-R @LilienD @OscarO @Vasko8 @NayaraA @VicL1 have you heard anything on this feature request/issue ?  In the meantime I have found another strange phenomenon.  You will see that the brick wall and pipe preview for Google Maps on Chrome for PC will open to the mural painting of Prince (the intended subject of the image) in the upper screenshot whereas the same preview on Google Maps for Galaxy S8+ opens on the alleyway.  Can we please have control as to what is in the preview and on the opening view ?  I am sure that Trusted Photographers would like to guarantee their business clients as to what the final product will look like.  This is beneficial to Google as more businesses impressed with the output are more likely to buy more advertising.  I think a brick wall and a pipe preview would not impress many.   Thanks - NickThe artist formerly known as Prince -or- brick wallThe artist formerly known as Prince -or- brick wall

Google maps for mobile Galaxy S8+Google maps for mobile Galaxy S8+

Level 8

@MashaPS !@ArmonJ @VyaraR  @Masha-R @LilienD @OscarO @Vasko8 @NayaraA @VicL1  Hi all !  Two months since this request was first made. Are there any updates to share ?  Thanks - Nick