FazeelUsmani's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Fazeel Usmani - a local guides meetup enthusiast. My journey with Local Guides

Hi, my name is Fazeel Usmani from Hyderabad, India. I'm studying BIT at MVSR Engineering College and my hobbies are photography, travelling, trying different cuisines and knowing stuff related to technology.

Why I contribute to Maps?

Google Maps has been my trusted companion for last 2 years helping me navigate cities in India and Saudia during my travels. Google Maps has definitely done its best and now it's my turn to return back the favour with local guides programme. Thanks, Google for this amazing opportunity. 

Caption: A selfie with Aradhna during Hyderabad's 1st Geo Walk     |    Above Right: Local Guides diary and badge (Thanks!)Caption: A selfie with Aradhna during Hyderabad's 1st Geo Walk | Above Right: Local Guides diary and badge (Thanks!) 

On 3rd of September 2016, Google inspired me by offering a beautiful badge and a cool LocalGuides notebook for my consistent contributions to Maps.

My Local Guides Profile:           

Being a dynamic supporter of Google Maps I have got 82,000+ points for my contributions and my 10,000+ photos have accumulated over 21.3 million views. My reviews are doing well and loved by 5,500 users. I've answered 600+ questions on Maps and my profile has been an inspiration to more than 4,00,000 users. This not only helps local businesses to grow but also users to know more about the place. I'm also a Google Street View Trusted Photographer.

Caption" Screenshot of my contributions to Google MapsCaption" Screenshot of my contributions to Google Maps

I cherish interacting with other local guides through local guides connect and have earned 34 badges by posting over 700 times and getting 2018+ kudos. I've used 3100+ tags to make searching on Connect easier, faster and even more accurate. I used to read various threads on Connect and have read around 35,000 messages. 

Caption: Screenshot of my Connect profileCaption: Screenshot of my Connect profile

Connecting virtually through local guides connect can't persuade me in hosting and attending meetups. This year has been quite recently fantastic, the level of help and inspiration that originated from numerous individuals and pioneers in the groups that I have been engaged with. The underneath is only a portion of the feature meetups that I have hosted and participated in.

Hyderabad Food Crawl - June 2017 hosted by @AslamMo

Hyderabad Food Crawl @Shah Ghouse hosted by Aslam MohammedHyderabad Food Crawl @Shah Ghouse hosted by Aslam Mohammed

After attending this meetup I've gained huge confidence and wanted to host one. In this food crawl, I've learnt many things and shared some as well.

I have applied for my first meetup in the next month i.e in July. Surprisingly it got accepted and I was dangling with joy. Then I shared about it in all social media websites and waiting for the day of the meetup. Now, here my local guide journey starts as a host.

Hyderabad Map Edit Walk {Worldwide} - July 2017:

My first meetup as a host to be a part of Worldwide Map Edit WalkMy first meetup as a host to be a part of Worldwide Map Edit Walk

Hyderabad Geo Walk {Worldwide} - August 2017:

From L to R: Lalitesh, Sudhakar, Akmal, Uzair, Fazeel, DanielFrom L to R: Lalitesh, Sudhakar, Akmal, Uzair, Fazeel, Daniel

From L to R: Akmal, Sudhakar, Daniel, Uzair, FazeelFrom L to R: Akmal, Sudhakar, Daniel, Uzair, FazeelVenue: Kachiguda StationVenue: Kachiguda Station

Hyderabad Accessibility Walk - October 2017:

Accessibility + Photo Walk + Monument Walk + Food Crawl = Hyderabad Local Guides Meet-up

Caption: Hyderabad Local Guides meet at Mecca Masjid, CharminarCaption: Hyderabad Local Guides meet at Mecca Masjid, Charminar

Caption: Stalls around CharminarCaption: Stalls around CharminarCharming Caption: DessertsCharming Caption: Desserts

Hyderabad Food Crawl {Worldwide} - Dec 2017 hosted by @NarenChandra

Hyderabad Food Crawl {Worldwide} at Grand Hotel hosted by NarenChandraHyderabad Food Crawl {Worldwide} at Grand Hotel hosted by NarenChandra

Explore Kites Market in Local Guides Style - January 2018:

A Colorful Walk with Hyderabad Local Guides hosted to show the users where to buy kites and thread during Sankranti (a kite festival of India)

Caption: From L to R: Uzair, Afzal, Shoeb and FazeelCaption: From L to R: Uzair, Afzal, Shoeb and FazeelCaption: A Colorful Kite ShopCaption: A Colorful Kite ShopCaption: Zaker KitesCaption: Zaker KitesCaption: Hyderabad Local Guides | Kite ShopCaption: Hyderabad Local Guides | Kite Shop

Hyderabad Photo Walk {Worldwide} - March 2018:

Hosted to showcase the beauty of my city 'Hyderabad'

From L to R: Fazeel Usmani, Ammar, Uzair, Bharath, Kovi (@Hangover Spot)From L to R: Fazeel Usmani, Ammar, Uzair, Bharath, Kovi (@Hangover Spot)Hyderabad LGs @ the place of meetup; Gandipet ParkHyderabad LGs @ the place of meetup; Gandipet Park

The "36" Photo Walk {Worldwide} - April 2018:

Hosted to improve the quality of photos on Maps which inturn will improve the user's experience.

Caption: From L to R: Taarak, Lalitesh, Raushan, Sohail, FazeelCaption: From L to R: Taarak, Lalitesh, Raushan, Sohail, FazeelCaption: Hyderabad Local Guides in actionCaption: Hyderabad Local Guides in action

Do I like Local Guide program? 

No, I don't like it but I love to be a part of it. Suppose, if you like a flower then you'll pluck it but if you love it, then you water it daily ---- Gautama Budha. I'll be the perpetual contributor to Google Maps and I'm very proud of it.

It will be amazing to meet top local guides from around the globe face to face and google maps initiative to share thoughts for enhancing maps for everybody.

Hyderabad, Telangana, India
23 comments
Level 9

Re: Fazeel Usmani - a local guides meetup enthusiast. My journey with Local Guides

Awesome post @FazeelUsmani, meet-up king of Hyderabad!

Best of luck with your application for Connect live!

Level 10

Re: Fazeel Usmani - a local guides meetup enthusiast. My journey with Local Guides

Thanks a lot @AslamMo.

Best of luck for your application too.

@AslamMo wrote:

Awesome post @FazeelUsmani, meet-up king of Hyderabad!

Best of luck with your application for Connect live!

Level 9

@FazeelUsmani

Concentration and best wishes 

Nice that you could interact with Google Moderator personal at Hyderabad itself 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/badges/userbadgespage/user-id/21203/page/1#
Level 10

Hi @FazeelUsmani,

Congratulations! Not only for your goole mpas contributions but also for being so active in local guides connect.

I am pleased to be connected with you.

All the very best you this year connect live.

Hopefully, we will meet there.

See you around

Jul

Connect Moderator

Excellent post bro @FazeelUsmani

Wish you Good luck. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Thank you @Sariga. Best wishes for your application too

@Sariga wrote:

@FazeelUsmani

Concentration and best wishes 

Nice that you could interact with Google Moderator personal at Hyderabad itself 

Level 10

Thank you very much @Julien44. All the best for your application too. Hope we meet each other at a great platform. 

Best wishes!!

Fazeel

@Julien44 wrote:

Hi @FazeelUsmani,

Congratulations! Not only for your goole mpas contributions but also for being so active in local guides connect.

I am pleased to be connected with you.

All the very best you this year connect live.

Hopefully, we will meet there.

See you around

Jul

Level 10

Thank you @NareshDarji. Good luck for your Connect Live application too

@NareshDarji wrote:

Excellent post bro @FazeelUsmani

Wish you Good luck. 

Level 10

Hi @FazeelUsmani

I totally agree with @AslamMo you're the meet up NAWAB of Hyderabad, you're the part of every world wide event for local guide,and you're so active on connect as well,best regards for a passionate local guide fazeel,

Wish you best of luck for your application