VikasDigital's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Favourite Dish or Food in Your City with Name

Dear all Local Guide and Googler...

Please Tell Favourite Dish, Sweets or Food in Your City with Name...

Ex. Nawalgarh, Jhunjhunu, Rajasthan, India- Gol Gappa & Rajbhog

Vikas Kumawat
India
27 comments
Level 8

Nasi Lemak Sizzling Kambing, One of my favorite Malaysian food.

I always say, Malaysia is a haven for food lovers. I love to take different types of food. I fall in love with Malaysia only for food. Ha Ha Ha. Nasi Lemak Sizzling Kambing, One of my favorite Malaysian food. Of course you will eat this meal if you ever come to Malaysia. 

Nasi Lemak Sizzling Kambing, One of my favorite Malaysian food.Nasi Lemak Sizzling Kambing, One of my favorite Malaysian food.

IMG_8358.JPG

Tag:  @StephenAbraham @Shirni 

Proud to be a Local Guide.
Former Google Contributor

Re: Favourite Dish or Food in Your City with Name

Hi @VikasDigital,

This is a very difficult task. There are so many that I can't decide which is my number one, but one of my favourite dishes has to be Kashkaval Pane with Ljutenica (кашкавал пане с лютеница), which is basically fried cheese with a side of vegetable chutney. The cheese itself is a type of yellow cheese, which is made of cow milk. It's delicious, you should try it if you come visit Bulgaria some day. 🙂

So, what is yours?

Cheers,

Klaudiya

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

Hello, @VikasDigital!

Awesome question! But why must you ask for only ONE? Do you realize how tough that is? I treat all my favorite food like children... they're all special in their own way! Haha, just kidding.

@KlaudiyaG fried cheese! That sounds amazing! 

Anyhow, to answer the question, if I am to think of a dish or a sweet that's a rock star where I'm from (Manila, Philippines), it's taho. Taho is like a breakfast protein in a cup. The base is soft tofu that's sweetened with caramelized brown sugar syrup, then topped with tiny tapioca pearls.

Yikes, now I'm craving for a cup.Yikes, now I'm craving for a cup.

What's extra unique about taho is that this stuff gets sold by taho vendors who peddle their goods every morning. They go from street to street shouting "Tahooooo!" and kids, once they hear the signature shout, will come scurrying outside for their treat.

Photo not mine. Credits to http://www.expatch.org/2014/04/15/filipino-food-series-taho-a-soft-and-sweet-delight/Photo not mine. Credits to http://www.expatch.org/2014/04/15/filipino-food-series-taho-a-soft-and-sweet-delight/I'm looking forward to what you guys have to share!

Taho by the shores of BoracayTaho by the shores of Boracay

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Lara_PH,

Thank you for sharing! Taho sounds like something that I'll be in to. I have a really bad sweet tooth, so when I visit the Philippines, hopefully next year, I'll probably gain a couple of kilos only from this caramelized delight.

About the fried cheese, I'll definitely take a picture next time that I'm having some. 🙂

See you around,

Klaudiya

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 3

Jolof Rice and Salad 

Level 10

@VikasDigital great topic you start 

I live in Old Dhaka ,  capital of Bangladesh , there famous for Biriani , Faluda , and kebab

Kacchi Biriani  1914794_1083540458376552_2619161364383068827_n.jpg

Faluda  kashmiri faludakashmiri faluda

Star  Hotel faludaStar Hotel faluda

Kabab12814155_1117503551647127_8470224043149064155_n.jpg

17311254_1740348076294896_6369545232087809681_o.jpg

Lacci and salt lemon Drinks 

13438915_853518874780405_3459565845234711182_n.jpg

13161963_579790902184435_5266135910448755991_o.jpg

Mahabub Hasan
Level 7

Hi there, @MahabubMunna!

The photos are amazing. Thanks for sharing! I have tried biryanikebab, and lacci at a Mediterranean restaurant and everything has been a gastronomic delight. I especially loved lacci because I love yogurt. I need to go back to that restaurant soon LOL. Faluda looks like something I'd love. 😄

Cheers,

Lara

Level 3

Crab and oysterCrab and oyster

Level 10

@Lara_PH faluda is a food mixed with milk , fruits , syrup ,sagu , Milk cream and many more . it's really much yammy , fisrt one name " kasmiri Faluda " 2nd " normal faluda " 

Mahabub Hasan