Corrie's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Farewell Local Guides :)

After more than 5 years of working with our amazing community (first in Washington, D.C., then San Francisco, and now in New York) I will be leaving the Local Guides team to support some cool new projects here at Google. I am sad to leave our wonderful community and will miss working on Google Maps. The impact you all have on the world around you continues to inspire me and I plan to keep participating in the Local Guides program as an individual - just like you 🙂 

I'll share any fun info about my next projects here with you all and hope you keep sharing your stories too. You'll still see me around Connect, just without that moderator title 🙂 If you're looking for a current moderator, check out this post for a list of them. 

Happy exploring, and remember to be kind to each other,

Corrie

Corrie Davidson, GoogleCorrie Davidson, Google

80 comments
Level 9

Re: Farewell Local Guides :)

We will miss you as a moderator @Corrie, best of luck for your future endeavours at google!

Hopefully LGSummit2017 participants will still get to see you there.

As a LG, happy mapping!!

Connect Moderator

Hi @Corrie, do you mean i miss my best moderator (sorry @TraciC, i'm just joking), just a few month before having the possibility to meet you in S. Francisco?

Noooo 😞

Well Corrie, my best wishes for your new position, and good luck.

My Five pethals flower is yours 🙂

Caption: a five petals flower - Tuscany - Photo Credit Local Guide @ermestCaption: a five petals flower - Tuscany - Photo Credit Local Guide @ermest

Hope to see you soon

Level 8

One of the first moderators I found in the forum. All the best in your next ventures.

Level 10

Corrie! Good luck for your new experience, and best wishes for your future! Hope we will continue see you around!

Thanks for all your efforts in LG program!

Sincerely,

Lucio

Level 8

@Corrie Hello,

You are inspiration for new Local guides like me . You are an guide , A hero for us . A mile stone for us that one day we will reach to the height where you have been . 

We will miss you but hope that you will neverthless come here and share your knowledge with us

Best of luck for your new position and new responsibility .

Regards

Connect Moderator

Best of luck in your new project

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 9

@Corrie Thanks for being such an awesome moderator and a supporter of our community. We are waiting to hear about your new project and Im pretty sure it's also fun and has a worthy cause like local guides.

Enjoy your new project and all the best with everything you do. 

Level 9

@Corrie! Really sad to hear you're going but excited that you'll be exploring other things! Happy that I got to meet you! And we'll be Allbirds buddies! 🙂

Good luck on your future endeavors! 

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 7

You have shown how individuals can make a difference for the good, I am sure that will continue with your new projects.