PrestonAZTXMN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Falklands/Malvinas

I traveled to The Falkland Islands (as the British refer to them) or Malvinas (as the Argentines refer to them). There are almost 800 separate islands, most of them uninhabited. It is a beautiful place with many wonderful opportunities to experience wildlife. I visited a penguin nesting area that I will never forget.King PenguinsKing PenguinsGentoo PenguinsGentoo Penguinsrunning on the beachrunning on the beach

Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)
14 comments
Level 9

Re: Falklands/Malvinas

Wow! So besutiful and cute animals!

Amazing photos!

Thank you for sharing your impressions @PrestonAZTXMN

Cheers,

Inga

Former Google Contributor

Hey @PrestonAZTXMN,

Wow, this is unique! Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos. I see why it would be unforgettable. 🙂 I'm wondering if you snapped any penguin chicks?

I think the only wild penguin encounter I've experienced was in Boulders, South Africa. We have a penguin colony living on the beach. Feel free to check it out in the featured post Escape to these summer spots south of the Equator.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hi @PrestonAZTXMN

I love this post, because of the penguins! They are so adorable in my opinion and so cute. What a unique experience that must have been? Was that your first time going there? It seems it's not so difficult to take photos of the penguins around? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Very beautiful photos! I really hope that I will see penguins in a natural environment someday.

Level 7

Bls: Falklands/Malvinas

so cute this animal. i want see

M. Ali Maftuh
Level 8

@DanniS The trip with a guide included a small bus on a rough road, then off road in 4 wheel vehicles. (That in itself was quite an adventure!) There was a designated flagged area that was for the penguin with tourists staying back from that. Most everyone was very respectful of that. There were hundreds of penfyins coming and going from the water, nesting, looking after chicks, & just chilling. It gave us a marvelous opportunity to shoot pics. A telephoto was helpful

A MOST memorable day indeed!!!

Level 8

Bls: Falklands/Malvinas

@MAliMaftuh See, yes. Touch, no. :

Level 8

@AlexaAC There were chicks about, but mostly adults. I am posting one photo i had with some little fur balls on the right side of the pic for you.

I enjoyed your post on vacation spots south of the equator, & will try to post something in that later. Thanks for the recommendation!Penguins hanging out with a couple chicks on the rightPenguins hanging out with a couple chicks on the right

Oh that is amazing @PrestonAZTXMN! This is going on my bucket list for sure! 🙂 And it's worth it. The only time I've seen penguins in person was in the zoo in Vienna, which of course is not the same thing, but still very exciting.