patjkim's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Fake Local Guide

It came to my attention that someone has a fake google account with my name and photo and has been reviewing businesses.  Two questions: (1) how do I report this and get the reviews removed and the fake profile deleted?; and (2) how can I find out who created the fake profile

Thanks!!

3 comments
Level 9

Re: Fake Local Guide

Hey @patjkim:
For future reference, you can refer to this page to report a Local Guide.

I will tag @FelipePK here and this will be followed up by a Google Moderator. Thanks!

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 10

Dot.: Fake Local Guide

Hi @patjkim

Try to check if that "person" has also created Google+ profile by searching a name of account in Google+. If yes - you can you this form for report impersonation:

https://support.google.com/plus/troubleshooter/1715140

It's not valid for reporting only Maps/Local Guide profile.

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL
Former Google Contributor

Re: Fake Local Guide

Hi @patjkim,

Welcome to Connect.

I will send you a private message with instructions about how to report a Local Guide.

In the meantime I also recommend you to check this post for further information How to identify and report fraud on Google Maps.

Thanks @Shirley for tagging me ;).

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!