LeahGFI's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Fake Local Guide Review

@GusMoreira, I'd like to report a local guide for leaving what I believe to be fake ratings. This person recently gave the company I work for a 3 star rating with no review or explanation. After looking up his name, I discovered he works in the same office building as our company, but neither he nor his company are clients of ours. After asking around, it seems he's never even been inside our office. It looks like he has a history of giving numerous local businesses in the area poor star ratings all at once without review or comment.

Edmonton, AB, Canada
18 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Fake Local Guide Review

Thanks for reaching out @LeahGFI and welcome to Connect. I'll reach out with further  instructions via private message.

We encourage business owners to take advantage of the free service, Google My Business (google.com/business) where you can claim and manage your listing as well as respond to reviews and more. Also please have a check to the Google My Business Help Centre  and the Official Google My Business Community for help and support.

@GenerolHavoc - you can tag one of Google Moderator (including me, of course 🙂 - we'll reach out as soon as possible via private message with instructions on how to share that information with the Local Guides team . 

Many thanks also to @ErmesT for your help and support.

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them

View solution in original post

Level 8

Hi SampsonFPaulPavlinovichermest can anyone look in to this issue which was brought up by @LeahGFI.

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
Connect Moderator

Thanks for reaching us @LeahGFI

you did everyting according to this: /How-Do-I-Report-Content-on-Google-Maps/

except one things: for the person that you mention to be notified, you need to create the tag directly in the page, using the @ symbol and then tiping slowly (because the profile have to be searched in the database) the profile name of the person you want to mention

tagging1.JPG

In this case, let me tag a Google Moderator for you @Atsukot

@Jagadeesh_Reddy, there is no needed for trying to tag Connect moderators. We are Local guide just like you, with access to some more (small) function in the forum, and @LeahGFI did the right things (you know this)

Also be aware that you were not tagging enybody, but just inserting some link

Ermes

Level 8

I tot it'll work seems like it came as link :(. I learnt one thing today is if you are copying and pasting it'll be as link and you have to mention @ and then tag the person. Got it thanks for the update @ErmesT

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
Level 7

Hello All

From what I understand @MariaBi was sorting these out and if needed, giving people the link via private message to report theses.

Connect Moderator

You are learning quickly @Jagadeesh_Reddy

When you type @ in a post, you start a procedure, that link the mentioned person to the post where the mention is, and send a notification, like the one that you are receiving now. For this reason is not possible to copy / paste a mention.

Ermes 

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Thanks for reaching out @LeahGFI and welcome to Connect. I'll reach out with further  instructions via private message.

We encourage business owners to take advantage of the free service, Google My Business (google.com/business) where you can claim and manage your listing as well as respond to reviews and more. Also please have a check to the Google My Business Help Centre  and the Official Google My Business Community for help and support.

@GenerolHavoc - you can tag one of Google Moderator (including me, of course 🙂 - we'll reach out as soon as possible via private message with instructions on how to share that information with the Local Guides team . 

Many thanks also to @ErmesT for your help and support.

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 1

Good to know. Thanks! I'll be sure not to copy and paste next time 🙂

Level 3

Joined just to report fake Local Guide reviews of my website. These reviews are not negative, in fact both are 5 star but they have nothing to do with my business or even type of business, they are simply irrelevant. Google does nothing, Can you help me get rid of them.

Thanks.

Level 2

I have a 1 star review from someone I never did business with. I'm a remodeling contractor. A homeowner contacted us, via phone, to do an estimate for a project for her. I spoke with her for awhile, on the phone, and it quickly became apparent that I would not be able to be in the price range that the homeowner was interested in paying for her project. I politely declined to provide an estimate. About a month later this homeowner went on our company google page and gave us a horrible review! I posted a lengthy response about our business and how we estimate our projects, etc. I did not say anything mean and tried to make my response general information about hiring a contractor. Then I told her we were sorry we couldn't provide her what she wanted in the price range she wanted to pay. After that, the homeowner went back into her review and made her review even nastier. Since then I think she's changed her review again to rip us some more. I've never even met this woman! I've never been to her home! She's just a random person that wrote a bad review. This would definitely be considered a troll. How do I get rid of her review?