Kamrul's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Facing various mapping problem.

Hi Community,

I am a level 8 local guide based on Dhaka, Bangladesh. I am enjoying this but I am facing some inconvenience whilst maintain this. My faced problem are as below, would appreciate if community put some lights over here.

- Showing different number in Review and Rating. e.g. My contribution page says, 260 reviews · 31 ratings. But I know I put the rating for each and every reviews.
- Individual Review not shows the preview of contributed photos. e.g. For place XXX I put a review with photos, but later on photos not appearing in the reviews.
- For Review edit time earlier contributed photos not showing if I want to contribute more photos for the same place.
- Is there any limit for putting photos for a review?
- Creating place not possible for most of the time. Shows error.
- Created place not got approved my photos are getting views with "Unknown Place"
- My valid create place along with evidence of the new place not getting approved, frustrating.
- Place Approved but not appearing onto the maps! But place not approved getting views!
- How to see only my created places? Your contribution area shows each and everything where I can't filter only created place.
- How to apply for more drive space for contributed photos? as maps contribution eating up my allocated spaces meanwhile having sufficient cloud space is critical for my other needs. Maps management should gift drive storage and motivate the mappers.

Thanks,

Kamrul

Bangladesh

Dhaka, Bangladesh
3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Facing various mapping problem.

Hello @Kamrul,

Your issues are not mapping issues; the defintion of mapping is to be actively changing features on the map itself.  I'll thus move your post to the appropriate forum, while also trying to address as many of your questions as possible.

- Showing different number in Review and Rating. e.g. My contribution page says, 260 reviews · 31 ratings. But I know I put the rating for each and every reviews.

This indicates that there is 31 places where you only gave a rating and no review.  All reviews automatically also have ratings.

- Individual Review not shows the preview of contributed photos. e.g. For place XXX I put a review with photos, but later on photos not appearing in the reviews.

We would need precise examples where you link to both your review and your photos.

- For Review edit time earlier contributed photos not showing if I want to contribute more photos for the same place.

You can contribute more photos at any time, but they won't necessarily be attached to your review.  Is this perhaps the answer to your previous question?  If so, you can use Send Feedback within Maps to describe the changes you'd like to see.

There is no actual limit.  However, if your photos are not significantly different from each other then the extras might be removed; the idea is to show unique aspects of the place with each photo. 

You need to create a post with exact details of the issue, such as the place's name, address, category, phone number, URL, GPS location and any other information you included.  It's important to supply all the information, along with any error message.  This is an example of a post that would belong in the Mapping Your World subforum, as it is about editing features on the map.

- Created place not got approved my photos are getting views with "Unknown Place"

Yes, this is what happens.  You should only attach photos to places you are sure will be approved.  What you'll need to do is to delete the photo and then reupload it once a place is approved. 

- My valid create place along with evidence of the new place not getting approved, frustrating.

This is a repeat of a question above.

- Place Approved but not appearing onto the maps! But place not approved getting views!

Can it be found via search?  If so, this is normal, there is too much information on the map for every place to get a permanent place maker.  If it can't be found via search then please create a post and again give all the details. 

- How to see only my created places? Your contribution area shows each and everything where I can't filter only created place.

There is no such option.   This would be something else you can suggest via Send Feedback, please be sure to make it a separate submission.

- How to apply for more drive space for contributed photos? as maps contribution eating up my allocated spaces meanwhile having sufficient cloud space is critical for my other needs. Maps management should gift drive storage and motivate the mappers.

There is not such option, but rather you have unlimited space for photos if you change your setting in Google Photos to allow Google to compress those photos over 16MB.  Outside sources have commented that the compression is very good and barely noticable.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello @Kamrul,

Your issues are not mapping issues; the defintion of mapping is to be actively changing features on the map itself.  I'll thus move your post to the appropriate forum, while also trying to address as many of your questions as possible.

This indicates that there is 31 places where you only gave a rating and no review.  All reviews automatically also have ratings.

We would need precise examples where you link to both your review and your photos.

You can contribute more photos at any time, but they won't necessarily be attached to your review.  Is this perhaps the answer to your previous question?  If so, you can use Send Feedback within Maps to describe the changes you'd like to see.

There is no actual limit.  However, if your photos are not significantly different from each other then the extras might be removed; the idea is to show unique aspects of the place with each photo. 

You need to create a post with exact details of the issue, such as the place's name, address, category, phone number, URL, GPS location and any other information you included.  It's important to supply all the information, along with any error message.  This is an example of a post that would belong in the Mapping Your World subforum, as it is about editing features on the map.

Yes, this is what happens.  You should only attach photos to places you are sure will be approved.  What you'll need to do is to delete the photo and then reupload it once a place is approved. 

This is a repeat of a question above.

Can it be found via search?  If so, this is normal, there is too much information on the map for every place to get a permanent place maker.  If it can't be found via search then please create a post and again give all the details. 

There is no such option.   This would be something else you can suggest via Send Feedback, please be sure to make it a separate submission.

There is not such option, but rather you have unlimited space for photos if you change your setting in Google Photos to allow Google to compress those photos over 16MB.  Outside sources have commented that the compression is very good and barely noticable.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

Thank You @Flash for your time on writing me back.

Basically I do save my photos with original quality because I love it. But I don't think that they are 16mb my photos will be maximum 5mb each after having some enhancing via adobe, I barely upload the original photos, I enhance photos in a certain way so that they looks nice. But I avoid photos with faces I thought this might break privacy. Is there any rules that I can't put a photo where my face is there along with the place where I am in? If google compress my photos which are more than 16GB then I am fine to set the High quality (free unlimited storage), please confirm my understanding. Long time ago I might be seen some where that google provide extra spaces for contribute upon reaching a certain level. May be they turn off this as now they have High quality (free unlimited storage) scheme.

Connect Moderator