Alika's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Facebook Integration

I've attempted to follow the instructions in the "How do I...?" help section regarding how to link my Facebook account with my community profile. Unless I'm missing something, the instructions provided point to settings menus/options that don't exist.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue, and if so, have you discovered a solution?

6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Facebook Integration

Hi @Alika,

Connect Forum is built with the Lithium platform - which is s third party product aimed to support lots of features for lots of different customerz.  Some features are planned with corresponding supporting materials exposed.  Then when when those features still pending, those supporting materials are find as irrelevant.

I hope the next refresh of the Connect site will take care of that.

View solution in original post

Level 8

Hi @Alika,

I guess you are refering to this Connect Help Document - 

I remember reading a post about Integration with other Social Networks are not done yet months ago.  I will link the post here once I can locate it.

Level 8

Actually, I was referring to the item just below that one entitled "How do I connect my Facebook account and my community profile?" ...but it's about the same feature. What I find odd is that specific instructions are provided, yet the menus the instructions refer to are missing. I would think if the feature was not yet ready for rollout, then no instructions would be provided.
Level 8
Solution

Hi @Alika,

Connect Forum is built with the Lithium platform - which is s third party product aimed to support lots of features for lots of different customerz.  Some features are planned with corresponding supporting materials exposed.  Then when when those features still pending, those supporting materials are find as irrelevant.

I hope the next refresh of the Connect site will take care of that.

Connect Moderator

@Alika the integration used to be there but was turned off in June last year due to issues. The integration was with Klout rather than the Lithium platform itself.

Can you post a link to the document that you found so that it can be updated?

Regards

Paul

Level 8

@PaulPavlinovichwrote:

Can you post a link to the document that you found so that it can be updated?

Actually, it's the same link that @YK1001 posted earlier, but you'll need to select the Facebook > How do I connect my Facebook... options to find the text to which I'm referring.

Connect Moderator

@Corrie @TraciC could one of you organise for the document https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/help/faqpage#facebook_whatis to be updated to remove the facebook connection functionality from the help since it is no longer available in Lithium. I've seen a few people like @Alika ask about it.

Regards

Paul