Daydev's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

FUKUOKA : DAY 2, KUSHIDA SHRINE, KAWABATA AND NAKASU

Our plan for day 2 was to go to Kushida Shrine, Yatai Street, Nakasu,the area is also the red light district. I woke up at 10:00AM, my friends wanted to go early there so they would have had time for something else in the city but since I didn’t want to wake up early. Kushida ShrineKushida Shrine

To reach Kushida Shrine from Hakata Station, The journey from Hakata Station to Kushida Shrine is about 15 minutes. The nearest Kushida Shrine is Hakata Machiya Folk Museum, an interesting place. It is just next door to the Kushida Shrine, so you don’t need to go out of the way to get here.
Kushida shrineKushida shrineKushida shrineKushida shrine

Kushida shrine is located in the center of city. This very ancient shrine is close to many hotels in Fukuoka. The Hakata Gion Yamakasa and Hakata Okunchi, the famous summer festivals in Hakata are centered on this shrine.

The 1000-year old gingko tree?The 1000-year old gingko tree?

It goes without saying then that this shrine is beloved by the citizens of Fukuoka. Entrance is free and the shrine is open from 4 AM until 10 PM every day. The Front of Kushida Shrine had a 1000-year old gingko tree in the forecourt which rises majestically in front of the main hall.

1_igoehq_90Wju7fWTOzx-8Q.jpeg

1_UfjTVo3_zZGdOl1evuvvdQ.jpeg

Steps of paying respect and making wishes in Kushida Shrine, first throw coin in the donate box, take a bow two times, clap you hands two times, bow agian one time and make wishes.Steps of paying respect and making wishes in Kushida ShrineSteps of paying respect and making wishes in Kushida Shrine

Steps of paying respect and making wishes in Kushida ShrineSteps of paying respect and making wishes in Kushida Shrine

1_bkT3TWHorvsUUFEEHURTXw.jpeg

1_mfR6AOeGBcQlzhKZlUSIAw.jpeg

1_7XnvUuBwmTFhv5NyJarXRA.jpeg

1_As3vJAhfCyFBNiiYxwTeQw.jpeg

1_sdWxY_GawVY7q-Wpf_jo0g.jpeg

1_tpddwBFyAxJpwgRHohgQHg.jpeg

Next destination was Kawabata Shopping Arcade. Kawabata Shopping ArcadeKawabata Shopping Arcade

Kawabata Shopping ArcadeKawabata Shopping ArcadeKawabata Shopping Arcade is a nice area to visit to shop as well. It is very easy to reach it from Kushida Shrine, Reisen Park and Canal city, just cross a road then walk through a street. In addition to specialty shops and souvenir stores native to Hakata selling goods such as Hakata ningyo dolls, crafts, kimono suits, religious objects and lanterns, there are also dining establishments where you can get a taste of the local cuisine.1_0UKnyXcwwxCg9bfcx8sutA.jpeg

1_ehdk7jKJeQfiY0oNXBuHzA.jpeg

1_hHgITW8vwbxjZbNkBn8QcA.jpeg

Around 4 pm, we walked to the Canal City. It is a big shopping mall in Fukuoka city. It has a unique floor map, bridge connect to Kawabata, consists of 5 buildings which are connected to each other. This mall have brand name stores, local and western restaurants, games arcade center and cinema as well. In my opinion it just a mall, nothing special.

1_ST6kL4zSoC9xXGdJFJ056w.jpeg

1_PwDd47eEWHkuxbzvN1rKdg.jpeg

1_QqUL_ceb2m2Gw_POzw8CYA.jpeg

1_7gJJXrXFP4TFi8pTyd2K-Q.jpeg

1_zRy3VosW0xzZxP07aTIEmw.jpeg

Next destination was Nakasu. 1_WBXPxW8Trtj3CM601rrK4Q.jpeg

1_I-Sf2xanHNuoGbgnH8xkhA.jpeg

1_SItmGVrYqfuIgznVTFJHjQ.jpeg

It is very easy to reach it from Canal city, just cross a road. We walked pass by to Yatai street and didn’t find anything we want LOL.

We went to a Lawson near Sumiyoshi street because we have to wake up early for tomorrow. So we just walked back to our AirBNB apartment in Sumiyoshi and take a dinner and sleep.

1 comment
Former Google Contributor

Re: FUKUOKA : DAY 2, KUSHIDA SHRINE, KAWABATA AND NAKASU

So the Fukuoka adventure continues, @Daydev. It's nice to see that. All the photos look amazing and I'm sure you are having a good time. Are we going to see a Day 3 post?

Also, your post is getting a Photography label since it would suit it better.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!