Daydev's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

FUKUOKA : DAY 1, HAKATA STATION

Japan, Fukuoka Day 1 : Hakata StationJapan, Fukuoka Day 1 : Hakata Station

My japan trip to Fukuoka.The flight from Suvanabhum Airport, Bangkok to Fukuoka using Thai Airway, we departed from Bangkok at 1.00am 26th July. 

Coin Locker Area, Fukuoka AirportCoin Locker Area, Fukuoka Airport KaKiYama, God from Hakata Gion Yamagasa ceremonyKaKiYama, God from Hakata Gion Yamagasa ceremony

During the flight, I felt good and could sleep well that night. If you would like to sleep during the flight, you have another good reason to stay off caffeinated beverages both before and during the flight.

The air hostess woke me up at 6:00 am and we landed in Fukuoka at 8.30 am. When I boarded the plane, she gave me an Embarkation and custom declaration form which needed to be filled in.

After I got off a plane, heading toward to the scan both index fingers then they took photo at immigration booths. Then an officer checked our Embarkation and custom declaration form.

After immigration, heading toward to tourist information center, and asked them about how to reach Hakata station, the big subways hub and the many department store in Fukuoka. The officer said to take bus number 2 “City Line”.

Hakata StationHakata Station

The bus ticket is 260 JPY per person. Before we move to city line with bus. We started to look for coin locker to store our luggages since we couldn’t do early check-in (AirBNB host’s reason check-in after 5:00PM).

Hakata Station MapguideHakata Station Mapguide

There are a lot of coin locker at exit way of Fukuoka Airport (yeah Hakata Station also T_T). There are many sizes of locker. My luggage is medium, I need to rent the medium size about 500–600 JPY. Hakata station is big subway station, shinkansen, express, local and underground run from here include nice shops and restaurants. On the 2nd floor was what they called “Ramen Street”, a floor where you can find a lot of ramen restaurant.

Walk with Toriei Gate and pray for a safe journey at the railway shrine.Walk with Toriei Gate and pray for a safe journey at the railway shrine.

On the Ground Floor was their department store, more shopping stores including daiso and tokyu hands. The center Departmentstore is “Hakata Hankyu”.

The signature of Hakata Hankyu is “Tsubame no Mori Hiroba”.

Tsubame no Mori Hiroba, Hakata Station (Hakata Hankyu)Tsubame no Mori Hiroba, Hakata Station (Hakata Hankyu)Tsunami no Mori Hiroba, the rooftop garden with a 360-degree panoramic view! Designed by Eiji Mitooka, the Japanese industrial designer.

From here you can see so much rich greenery that you’ll forget you’re in the city. There are also mini trains, railway shrines and old shopping streets for you to explore. Walk with Toriei Gate and pray for a safe journey at the railway shrine.

It was really nice to be inside the shrine in the middle of bustling city. Gave me a calm and relaxing feeling.

It was really nice to be inside the shrine in the middle of bustling city.It was really nice to be inside the shrine in the middle of bustling city.

So we walked back to Fukuoka Airport to pick up our luggage from the locker and move back to Hakata Station via Bus number 2 again!??.

RamenRamen

We took our luggage and brought it to apartment, then rest for the day. Need to prepare our self for our next 6 days. Thank you for reading. Good night and sleep tight.

Hakata Station, 中央街-1 博多駅 Hakata Ward, Fukuoka, Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan
5 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: FUKUOKA : DAY 1, HAKATA STATION

Thank you for sharing your first day in Fukuoka, @Daydev. Did you take all the photos in the Hakata station? You could really spend a lot of time there without getting bored if so. 

Your post is getting a Travel label to make it more suitable.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Google Moderator

Hey @Daydev,

Welcome to Local Guides Connect!

Your first post is amazing, thank you so much for sharing your experience in Fukuoka with us. I was there before 2 years and it was great trip for me as well.

Did you eat the Hakata ramen? If you are not I totally recommend you and especially the Shin Shin restaurant. It is a well-known ramen place in Fukuoka that always has a long line of people. They use a tonkotsu (pork broth-based) soup, but they blend it with chicken and vegetable soups, so the soup has a nice and light aftertaste. The noodles are thin, so it is easy to eat.

Caption: A photo showing Hakata ramen (Japanese noddle soup). (Local Guide @Ryan McCarthy)Caption: A photo showing Hakata ramen (Japanese noddle soup). (Local Guide @Ryan McCarthy)

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

Sorry for the delayed response @IrrPavlova. Yes i did. I spent the day in Hakata station for my Airbnb host available at 5:00 pm.

Level 7

Thank you @Ivi_Ge.

Google Moderator

You are welcome @Daydev

I am looking forward to your next posts! Have a nice time in Fukuoka.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!