Julien44's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: INTERNATIONAL FOOD LOVERS CHALLLENGE FOR THE LGCL 2018

@CaptainHook Moal is the translation i found for what is inside the bone.

@CaptainHook  a écrit :

It is a bone but I'd like the answer to be more precise, @Julien44. Maybe its what you meant by "moal" but I don't know that word...

Level 8

Then, my friend, you're right!

(Why I couldn't find the same is mystery... 😮 )

@Julien44 wrote:

@CaptainHook Moal is the translation i found for what is inside the bone.

@CaptainHook  a écrit :

It is a bone but I'd like the answer to be more precise, @Julien44. Maybe its what you meant by "moal" but I don't know that word...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @StephenAbraham, your dish is 

"Dried shredded squid" ?

@StephenAbraham wrote:

This is another popular food that can be found in Malaysia, and possibly in Singapore, Taiwan and Hong Kong and Thailand (so, you are all excluded). It's very very strong smelling and one can smell it from at least a few meters away. It is dry, very chewy, and has a very strong distinct taste. Because of this, many people use it as bait in their rat/mouse traps, because it attracts all the small creatures to come to it. It has got like a fabric like texture because it is rolled and flatten in a vice like metal roller, like the ones used to roll rubber sheets, then usually grilled over hot flames.. Once you start eating it, likely you won't stop  until you finish eating all of it.. 

What is it? 

Image result for malaysia dried squid

Level 10

@Anonymous Yes it is.. did you do a reverse image look up? 🙂 .. 

It's a very delicious snack, after they grill the dried cuttlefish / squid, they will put it through a roller to make it really thin. And it smells of the ocean.

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @StephenAbraham, your dish is 

"Dried shredded squid" ?

@StephenAbraham wrote:

Image result for malaysia dried squid

Anonymous
Not applicable

No @StephenAbraham
On the basis of the shape, I immediately concluded that it was a fish, and recently I watched a TV show on a similar technique of making fish, as we can see in your video, I explored a bit and came to a solution 🙂

From which country you are @StephenAbraham?

Level 10

This again is one of my delectable delicious food which I like. It's gelatinous, little chewy, little crunchy. It's usually almost pale colorless and after preparation, it is marinated with some salt, sugar, soy, vinegar, and sprinkled with sesame seeds, and usually served cold as one of the dishes in a Chinese restaurant. 

In the unprepared form, it can be poisonous and can have harmful consequences if eaten, might even be deadly.

No answers needed from people of Chinese decent, or from Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore. 🙂 

What is it?

Image result for jellyfish dish

Level 10

Well done @Anonymous

Thanks for sharing the video @StephenAbraham. It was good to discover how it is made.

I hope to try that one!

Jul

Level 4

Hey am from Africa and from what am seeing in the picture that looks like candy to me. I want to be able to get the name right but i cannot .. so i will give it my own name from my candy world... bonbons... as i wait for that lucky LG to write the name. 

I love candy and chocolate too.

Kind regards from Vihiga, Kenya.

Anne Nyamitta
Level 4

Wow! this looks like a chinese delicacy... Pidan, or preserved egg. That wouldn't get to my mouth! my grand dad used to serve us such delicacies or eggs that didn't hatch, boiled and diced in pieces then cooked in curry ...they were awesome

Anne Nyamitta
Level 10

Seeing the food photos here what can I do is to smile. 😂 Hard to recognize food items. 🙂 I am learning from here @Anonymous.