JeslynL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

[FIXED] Known Issue: Points for edits and place creations not updating

*Not to be confused with Points discrepancy between Local Guides Home and Google Maps app/desktop

Update (8/14/17): The issue has been resolved and Local Guides should be able to see an update in points from approved edits and place creations. Thank you for being patient with us!

Update (8/10/17): The team is aware that Local Guides are not seeing updates in points for approved edits and place creations (Add a missing place). While the team is currently working to provide a resolution, we appreciate your patience on this matter. All updates on this issue will be shared on this thread. 

Any edits you continue to make on Google Maps will not be impacted and your points for approved edits should be updated (as long as they adhere to Google Maps' policies) once the issue has been resolved.

Note:

Points are only awarded for edits/place creations that are approved. You can check the status of your edits—whether they are "Approved", "Pending" or "Not applied"—at the "Edits" tab under "Your contributions". To find out why your edits is pending or not applied, please check out this post

This post has been locked for new replies. If you are experiencing a similar issue, please create a new post.

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

53 comments
Level 8

Points issue

I made lots of edits from the last two days but my points still not updated. Edits are almost approved and published except 5 to 6 pending. I uploaded more than 50 images in last two days, but the points are same. Google Maps contribution shows 4,390 points but the Local Guilds shows 4,486 points, why the dissimilarity?

Moheen
Level 10

Re: Points issue

Hello @moheenreeyad

sometimes points are take time to be updated into your profile. so please wait for some time and check again after 24-48 hrs.

if problem still continue, you can contact Google Team for that issue.

hope it helps you.

Thank You.

Happy Mapping & Keep Contributing 🙂

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 10

@moheenreeyad its the same issue with me also, since the points drop down and restoration all my edits and contributions are not updated , i have no idea Y?

@OSAMA @LucioV is it the same with you guys.

@TraciC can i know the reason , if any?

Level 10

@iDepp thanks for the reply , but its more than 48 hours and still not counting?

Level 8

@iDeppThanks for your information. Let's see what happen! And @NarenChandra for your attention.

Moheen
Level 8

After two days finally my points were updated and I reached #Level 7.
Moheen
Level 10

Add New Places & Edit Places not updated hence points not increased accordingly.

Today i added 2 new places but points were not increased accordingly even though i received notifications. and not updated yet. Old  Edit Places were also not yet updated in spite of getting notifications  needless to say  will affect my interest further since my efforts  of time and energy seemed to be useless Kindly do the needful ASAP

jojo
Connect Moderator

Re: Add New Places & Edit Places not updated hence points not increased accordingly.

@jojo522 wrote:

Today i added 2 new places but points were not increased accordingly even though i received notifications. and not updated yet. Old  Edit Places were also not yet updated in spite of getting notifications  needless to say  will affect my interest further since my efforts  of time and energy seemed to be useless Kindly do the needful ASAP

Hi @jojo522 looking at your contributions you seem to make a lot of ratings and reviews in an amazingly short time. This either means that you personally visit and experience a lot of businesses and are an awesome Local Guide or that you are reviewing places you've not visited. I will raise your profile with a Googler.

Regards

Paul

Level 10

Re: Add New Places & Edit Places not updated hence points not increased accordingly.

I have limited rating and my genuine addition or edit are not rewarded which will certainly affect my further interest in GM in spite of so much waste of energy and time. I want a top google authority to interfere and sort it out instead of a suspending moderator after all for no use. Hope you all understand.

jojo