JeslynL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

[FIXED] Known Issue: Points discrepancy between Local Guides Home and Google Maps app/desktop

UPDATE (8/18/17): This issue has been fixed. Points on your Local Guides Home and Google Maps app/on desktop should now be synced, and you should be seeing the same number of points on both.

UPDATE (8/10/17): The team is working on a resolution and more updates will be shared once available. Thank you for being patient!

Hello everyone, we have received reports about the discrepancy in points between in your Local Guides Home and your contributions profile on Google Maps app/desktop. Thank you for sharing screenshots and any additional details; the team is investigating the issue at the moment. All updates on this issue will be posted here in this thread. We appreciate your patience while the team works to resolve it as quickly as we can.

Any contributions you continue to make to Google Maps will not be impacted and points in your Local Guides Home should be updated (as long as they adhere to Google Maps' policies) once the issue has been resolved.

This post has been locked for new replies. If you are experiencing a similar issue, please create a new post.

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

158 comments
Level 10

Discrepancy between Google Map web and Android version

I am daily user of Google Map location history (aka Timeline), however, I found there are big discrepancy between the function on web and Android version.  As I will update the timeline on both platform, the discrepancy result in causing me wrong records and redundancy.  

Can Google Map do better on their versioning control across their platform?

Functions on web, but not in Android:
- Snap to road when driving
- Select locations within another location (e.g. Select a shop under a mall)

Functions on Android, but not in web:
- Indicator (a tick) of "You are here now" places
- Saved places grouping

BTW, I really like places with different color when there you commented, why all places are "highlighted" now.
Deep visit of Hong Kong series: Visit Hong Kong 101 | Cha Chaan Teng 茶餐廳 | Cart noodle 車仔麪

Fine me on Instagram: brett.to.go
Level 10

Re: Discrepancy between Google Map web and Android version

It seems no one can help

Deep visit of Hong Kong series: Visit Hong Kong 101 | Cha Chaan Teng 茶餐廳 | Cart noodle 車仔麪

Fine me on Instagram: brett.to.go
Level 6

Mismatch points from app to website

Hello,

I was wondering why the app tells me I am level 6 but the website tells me that I am a level 5. It has been 24 hours and the two is mismatched.

Contribution app showing level 6Contribution app showing level 6

Web showing level 5Web showing level 5

Connect Moderator

Re: Mismatch points from app to website

The sync often takes some days between Maps and Local Guides Connect. I wouldn't worry about it, what you see here will catch up.

Level 4

Mismatch points

Hi,

In my Google Map mobile app, I am Level 4 Local guide with 268 points. But when I check in my desktop it is showing as 86 pointsfrom desktopfrom desktopfrom mobilefrom mobilePlease help me to resolve this mismatch. And also help me getting extra 100GB for Level 4 local guide

Level 9

Re: Mismatch points

@KIRANMENATH There are two different systems that create this discrepancy. You will see different numbers especially right after you add a bunch of content. The mobile view is current what you have done the desktop view is the one that Google awards the badges from. For more information on this check out this post and the answer I got about two different platforms.  It takes time but does work.

Level 9

@JeslynL Thanks, not sure I really understand since either place are fields marked with similar names with very different numbers. No big deal.  Still working hard at it. Realy good to hear that it will change. 

Level 4

So, is it better to upload photos, reviews through desktop rather than using mobile app to get more storage space in google drive ??

Level 4

what is the difference does it make if we get number of points or number of contributions ?