JeslynL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Known Issue: Missing photos and points

No problem @JeslynL, always happy to be of assistance.

A few of the places where the image associated is no longer on the listing, but in my contributions include the following:

Macquarie's WallBridgestone Select Blacktown and Kebab Express. My contributions still show mine as there but aren't accumulating views (these ones noticeably increase per hour)

Hoping these will be alright soon. On mobile android maps I can't see it, but for some reason sometimes it can be shown in the Google Maps web version.

Former Google Contributor

Thanks for the additional details, @Briggs. I've escalated these issues and will provide an update once information are available. 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 6

Yes, your understanding is almost correct. The deleted 360 is showing up as an empty placeholder, not an image, and it links to a black page that locks the Google Map page. 

To repeat the whole context, last Sunday via the app on iPhone I deleted a 360 and immediately published it again so I could change the location from Tahoe marina (which the app had suggested) to Tahoe City Marina (which the app had also suggested) in order that my two 360s at the Tahoe City Marina would share the same place location by name, and thus appear together on the official page for that place.

The following Tuesday morning I noticed that the reload had vanished along with two 360s of the eclipse taken in Salem, Oregon, all three of them published the previous Sunday. On Tuesday evening, all three had been restored, but also restored was a place holder for the one I had deleted, using the old place location. The place holder has no thumbnail and it goes to a black page that locks the Google maps page on Chrome. No picture was lost, as the reload is the same picture with better place association.

The empty placeholder shows up on both my contributions page and the place page for Tahoe marina. The Tahoe marina place location seems to be a user contribution that has not been claimed and has few pictures, while the Tahoe City Marina place page seems to be a business claimed page with proper information and abundant photos. 

From your standpoint, it is curious that a 360 deleted by a user a few days earlier would be incompletely restored by whatever action was taken by Google to correct the bug that deleted other photos.
Level 9

So I'm noticing that the images that I took are still in my profile; however, they aren't tied to the POI and I've still lost the points for them.  This true for standard photo and 360's...

Level 10

https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/109241106262461722996/photo

Please check my profile 

IMG_6997.PNG

IMG_6998.PNG

Majidmadsdi
Level 7

As the spreadsheet shows, in the month of August things got much worse. This is one of the worst times for Google Maps. I as Local Guide got discouraged. 85 photos in 9 days from a user who has more than 2 million views ??? It sounds like a joke.As the spreadsheet shows, in the month of August things got much worse. This is one of the worst times for Google Maps. I as Local Guide got discouraged. 85 photos in 9 days from a user who has more than 2 million views ??? It sounds like a joke.

Level 10

@MajidMadadi wrote:

https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/109241106262461722996/photo

Please check my profile 

IMG_6997.PNG

IMG_6998.PNG

Hi @MajidMadadi explore tab is not intended that way, will show up only featured photos in the selected area.

Level 10

Just noticed something else, @JeslynL; this morning (Italy time) when the points got restored, i noticed that in the points where counted also the uploaded videos, and also photos included that count. Now this is back to the previous situation.

Level 6

What is going on Google maps

What is going on Google maps realy, "unknown location", "0 views"...

And a friend losed 600 points in a day for no reason..

google map bug.PNGgoogle map bug 2.PNG

Level 10

@JeslynL, No, In fact it was related to the past period of missing photos for users but I was though all thing is OK but after closure of related thread I noticed the problem also happened to me! I notified one moderator but think he didn't see my message and because of this there is no reinstating for my missed photos (30 of them).

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides