Did you mean: 
Level 9

Exploring tide pools at Maverick Beach

IMG_20181208_170906.jpg

IMG_20181208_164935.jpg

IMG_20181208_160922.jpg

IMG_20181208_151135.jpg

MVIMG_20181208_152917.jpg

I had an amazing evening exploring Maverick Beach Tidepools yesterday.  This is the site of the world famous Mavericks surfing competition. I'm not sure how many times a year but during low tide this area becomes a great place to explore tidepools. I went with NOAA (the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Adminstration) and several of their scientists and a teacher. it's nice going with people who actually know what we're looking at and we can ask questions. They also try to provide us with the correct spelling of all the little creatures that we saw or the correct name.

I also created a Google bulletin post which has more pictures than what I took on my pixel 2 phone. But I found that without any fancy cameras the pixel 2 did great taking pictures the only problem I was having was the reflection on the water sometimes didn't give a clear enough picture of the creature or plant how was trying to take a picture of.  if you want please check out the Bulletin post which has way more pictures and descriptions though I need to add a lot more information.  https://bulletin.google.com/share/cUrXTNWH/FGXsv3/

Mavericks Beach, Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Exploring tide pools at Maverick Beach

Hi @Twister411,

Thanks for sharing this great shots! Is this your first time travelling to Maverick Beach? Did you feel connected with the nature when you visited there?

P.S.: I am going to relabel your post to the Travel board as it will be much more appreciated there and will drive more interaction between Local Guides.

Hope you have fun here on Connect. : )

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

@TsekoV No I went there last year,

this is roughly 20 minutes from San Francisco where I live.  That's why I posted under local community.  We have lots of great places in the Bay Area.

The great thing about the Bay area is we tons of outdoor sanctuaries. Many people don't realize this.  I'll have to post some pictures when I was up in the redwoods earlier last month.  It is a completely different vibe and very peaceful.  The air was so clean. 

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Twister411,

Judging by the photos that you shared San Francisco must be encircled with lots of beautiful places to go and explore. I am relabeling your post again to its original place - the Local Stories board.

I totally agree with your words. People should pay more importance to the beautiful things in life. A weekend out of the big city and a great walk in the forests is the perfect re connection with nature that everyone needs and which makes us feel more peaceful, meaningful and happy.

I am looking forward to seeing more of your great photos and your hike to the redwoods - it sounds really interesting! : )

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!