Ddimitra's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Exploring Jakarta in Low Cost using Trans Jakarta - Mom as a Local Guide Series

Compare to other cities in Indonesia, Jakarta is a big and modern city. It is the center of Government and Business. It has Its Epic Problem, called Traffic Jam! So the government develop Mass Transportation in order to solve the problem. One is the mass transportaion is Bus, called Trans Jakarta.

The Trans Jakarta BusThe Trans Jakarta Bus

The Unique Fact is Trans Jakarta has its own road. The existing road is specially marked and divided, so the cars or others can not use the road. It's like using VIP lane, so makes the Bus more moveable than others, and the bus Stops built in the center of the road.

VIP Lane for Trans JakartaVIP Lane for Trans Jakarta

Local Guide is my life, I constantly mobilized across Jakarta frequently. I prioritized The Trans Jakarta to be my transportation when moving to other locations.

Why?

Just one good reason!

It is CHEAPEST alternative!
Moms always look for the cheapest! LOL

Mom travel in cheap way!Mom travel in cheap way!

It is only Rp 3500 per way. You could ride many busses and travel along Jakarta. If you smart enough and just want to explore Jakarta in a unique way, You can move from one bus to another and You just don't have to pay again.

The Jakarta Government improve the facilities of Trans Jakarta, so the citizen and tourists can enjoy the conveniences. My favorite facility, is the how the Trans Jakarta appreciate Female Rider. When we ride the bus, there is a seperate section, between Female and Male, and now they provide the special bus for WOMEN only!

The other facility that makes me WOW, is they provide place for pray inside the bus stations. Not all bus stations, just the big one has this facility. But for me and other riders, We don't have to go outside the system to pray! Alhamdulilah (Thank God)

Pray Room for MoeslemPray Room for Moeslem

Everyone should know about these things, before using Trans Jakarta.

1. How to learn ROUTES

The easiest and fast way to learn about the Route, by using Google Maps! You just have to enter the destination, choose the mass Transportation, and Google Maps will give you Step by Step direction.

Google Maps DirectionGoogle Maps Direction

The other way, is visit the nearest bus station. You could ask to the staff about the route to your destination, they are very helpful. Don't forget to write it down, Cause They will inform about Transit and the Bus number. Almost in every bus station, I find a LCD contains information about the Arrival Time.

LCD Projector contains Arrival TimeLCD Projector contains Arrival Time

2. TRAFI App

Trafii App contains information about Routes, arrival times, and numbers. This is very helpful app, not just Trans Jakarta, You can see information about all mass transporation in Jakarta. You just have to download from Playstore. Relax, it is Free!

Trafi AppTrafi App

This is the advantage of using the app, You can see how many bus are on the road, and you can predict time the arrival. Instead of standing waiting, you could sit down, pray or even post new photos on your
IG!

3. Payment Method

Before you ride Trans Jakarta, You have to prepare the payment method. They are using Electronic Money in Card form. Several banks issued the Electronic Money. If you are new, Just look the card at
Convenience Store, Banks or Bus Stations. If you run out credits, you could top up in bus stations.

These are the banks which have the service, Bank Rakyat Indonesia (BRIZZI), Bank Central Asia (Flazz), Bank Negara Indonesia (Tapcash, Kartu Aku, dan Rail Card), Bank Mandiri (e-money, e-Toll Card, Indomaret Card, dan GazCard), Bank DKI (JakCard), and Bank Mega MegaCash.

My Collection Cards from 4 BanksMy Collection Cards from 4 Banks

A little bit exhausting to reach the stations, You have to walk in pedestrian bridge. Relax! Government always improve their service, now some of the stations have Pelican Crossing! YEAYY!

Still, the Trans Jakarta will be full in the morning, and evening. You barely stand properly. My best recommendation is, TRAVEL in Office hours or Weekend!

Do you have the courage to explore Jakarta with Trans Jakarta? 
Come on! Come to Jakarta see the wonderful of Jakarta.  I will wait for any Local Guide from all around the world!

I'll Wait For YOU!  yes, You!

Mom signed off 

Jakarta, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta, Indonesia
38 comments
Google Moderator

Re: Exploring Jakarta in Low Cost using Trans Jakarta - Mom as a Local Guide Series

Hello @Ddimitra,

Wow, this information will be very helpful for most people, thank you for sharing such detailed information and I'm very happy that the government is trying to provide more of the buses too. 

Just be careful during rush hour. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Bls: Exploring Jakarta in Low Cost using Trans Jakarta - Mom as a Local Guide Series

Wow @Ddimitra Finally you did it. Very informative and complete and sure detailed like @AngieYC said, this post will help more ppl from others city who want to visit Jakarta with low cost.

No need to rush, just enjoy every sight and views of Jakarta.

Level 10

Re: Exploring Jakarta in Low Cost using Trans Jakarta - Mom as a Local Guide Series

nice sharing @Ddimitra 

Even though I often go to Jakarta, I have never used this mode of transportation because I imagine how complicated it is to get to the bus stop, make payments, and connect to other modes of transportation.

After reading this article, it looks very easy and fun, right ?! If so, I have to try it in my next visit!

Level 10

Bls: Exploring Jakarta in Low Cost using Trans Jakarta - Mom as a Local Guide Series

Hi @Ddimitra thanks for sharring a good information, its completely and very helpful for everyone who wants to come to Jakarta.

Best Regards

PaDeSSo

Level 10

I agree with you Mr @BudionoS and @AgoesSantosa, that we need low cost in everything especially in travel. I hope mrs @Ddimitra can share another things about Jakarta, the Capitol of Indonesia

Level 10

Hi @AngieYC

Nice to see you again...

Yes. The government improve their service. Wow.. you know that they provide more busses.  

Cool. 

Now Trans Jakarta has many routes. They evolving to bigger system. MRTs and LRTs will unite.

It will getting easier to travel in Jakarta.

Come visit Jakarta again... and see me and also my friend @AgoesSantosa @PaDeSSo and other Indonesia Local Guide. 

Level 9

Wow!!! Incredible Mom.

The information complete and detailed. Very helpful article. 

Level 5

This one is really informative. Thank you

Level 8

It was amazing information that everyone needed thank you @Ddimitra