JillE's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Explore Fashion Week on Google Earth Voyager

To celebrate a month of global fashion events, Google Earth Voyager is spotlighting style icons and destinations.

September is a busy month in the glittering world of fashion. Top designers will debut new collections starting at New York Fashion Week on the 7th. Milan, London, and Paris will hold their own events after that. To celebrate the fabulousness, Google Earth Voyager is unveiling three new features.

Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 1.14.43 PM (1).png

Photo caption: The Victoria & Albert Museum in London and a delicate antique fan photographed by Local Guide Elisabeth Brandon.

Following Iris Apfel

Iris Apfel is possibly New York’s most beloved fashionista, famed for her saucer-shaped eyeglasses, outrageous style, and sassiness. In our first story, Voyager peeks into her closet of wonders and pulls out a list covering everything from her favorite shopping spots for vintage threads to her prefered glitterati hangouts.

Christian Dior’s New Look

On another journey around the fashion world, Voyager ventures back to the beginnings of the French couturier Christian Dior’s famous fashion label. We join film legend Marlene Dietrich at Dior’s debut show, then visit his signature “New Look” collection at the Museum of Decorative Arts in Paris.

Fashion Museums Around the World

Finally, for anyone planning their next trip, check out Voyager’s guide to fashion and textile museums around the globe. Join us as we journey through time, taking in the cool, the colorful, and the quirky… and some clogs!

Are there any moments of fashion genius from your own photo album you'd like to share? 

22 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Explore Fashion Week on Google Earth Voyager

Thank for sharing this update about fashion week with us @JillE

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Actually I haven't captured any of fashion week yet but after this update many of local guides could be able to plan something. 

Thanks for the information @JillE

Level 9

Let's start Fashion Celebrating 🙂

@HelloSamsonR @MahabubMunna

@SoniaK @SarahKa @IndiaC @DanielaBP

@MedRidaZ it's Fashion Celebrating month tommorow will start from New York 😉

@AkmalB what about new style 😉 !!?Screenshot_20170906-124716.jpg

Level 10

Started the new fashion already from the eid day @OSAMA

Level 9

@AkmalB 🙂

What about this style @LucioV

Screenshot_20170906-124645.jpg

@BishowvijayaP @DavidTito @Osaka78forTRUMP

Happy Fashion Week 🙂

Level 10

Happy Fashion Week @OSAMA bro. Stay stylish. 🙂

Level 8

Hell@OSAMA I like this new Local Guides fashion star look bro this fashion is in..... @HelloSamsonR superstar @OSAMA superstar @DavidTito superstar @Osaka78forTRUMP superstar @BishowvijayaP superstar......... 

The connect

@OSAMA wrote:

@AkmalB 🙂

What about this style @LucioV

Screenshot_20170906-124645.jpg

@BishowvijayaP @DavidTito @Osaka78forTRUMP

Happy Fashion Week 🙂

superstars 

Level 10

@OSAMA @HelloSamsonR  @DavidTito @Osaka78 

This song is dedicated to you my superstars 🙂 

Level 8

@OSAMA I'm a fashion victim! This is my thread!