JillE's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Explore Canada on Google Earth’s Voyager

Canada is an amazing and full of surprises country. But I like Alberta lakes and national park. 

Thanks @JillE for wonderful post. 

Level 9

@JillE: So great to see that Canada was featured this weekend as many of us celebrated 150 years of Confederation since 1867.  I went out with my family to explore some of the festivities, hoping to share with everyone here.  Some of the places mentioned on the list for Vancouver in the post is here, such as Granville Island and Olympic Cauldron.  

Granville Island also has a lot going on and is always a great place for place for children and adults! Lots of yummy snacks here and great view of the city.  This is just the entrance to Granville Island.  It's called an island, but it isn't actually an island.

IMG_20170701_154007_1.jpg

The Cauldron has been there since the 2010 Winter Olympics as Vancouver was one of the co-host city with Whistler.  The torch is rarely lit now unless for some major event in the city.

IMG_20170701_123334.jpg

And this is Canada Place.  Many stages were set up around the area for the event and this was just one of them  Canada Place is also known as the Vancouver Convention Center - East and this is the older of the two convention centers.  It is also the cruise ship terminal for cruises going to Alaska, Hawaii and along the Pacific Westcoast.  The west convention center is new from 2010 and it was used as the media center for the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics.

IMG_20170701_120815.jpg

As this year marks the 150th year since Confederation, all national parks in Canada are free.  One of the most famous ones is Banff.  Here's one of my favourite photos from when I visited a few years ago:

Moraine Lake in Banff National Park.Moraine Lake in Banff National Park.

But even if you don't come this year, our provincial parks are always free.  Here's Brandywine Falls Provincial Park, which is near Whistler, BC.

IMG_20160417_164925.jpg

Do come and visit Canada if you ever have the chance! Explore the beauty scenery that Canada has to offer!

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Connect Moderator

Nice Featured post @JillE.

Though Canada is already in my Dream county list. 

Happy Guiding!

Level 9

Thanks @JillE. Love to be there one day 🙂

flagnepal acetreks.gif  - Nepal | YouTube
Level 9

Thank you @KarthikeyanLandRov 😊

That's right 💯% , can you please write the source of your photos !? Thanks Again 👍😊

Level 8

Thanks For Sharing Will Make A Virtual Tour @JillE 

Former Google Contributor

What a beautiful country! I love Granville market and would LOVE to visit Banff National Park. I saw pictures from a Local Guide on the Emerald Lake and I fell in love with it. 

Connect Moderator

I visited Montreal so long ago @JillE that I only had a tiny resolution Sony Mavica-83 Camera such a beautiful city. I look forward to exploring virtually.

MontrealWinter__164F.jpg

Level 10

@PaulPavlinovich wrote:

I visited Montreal so long ago @JillE that I only had a tiny resolution Sony Mavica-83 Camera such a beautiful city. I look forward to exploring virtually.

MontrealWinter__164F.jpg

Wow Paul! This was recorded on a 3.5" floppy, if I'm not wrong! 😄

Level 9

Hi @JillE  Thanks for sharing a great photos.Happy 150th anniversary of Canada.